Re: ASW Eyecandy Thread

Yes, the same pics that are in the "Celebration of Freespace" thread on HLP. Pretty good. Is it RC5 or just 3.6.12? I would say it is either a release candidate or a nightly since the thrusters look modeled and with soft particles perhaps, and those graphical features aren't in 3.6.12. Beams please. I'm sure the Shivans have them, at least with their juggernauts.

Believe it or not, the screens above are all 3.6.12; the ones below are 3.6.14.

The Serio stealth fighter on recon duty...
This Cain really gets some!
Lucky shot getting the Nightmare missiles in this one.
Malia vs. asteroid.
Remember that the Malia is a sensor cruiser, the Ancient equivalent of AWACS: those glowy domes are the sensor arrays.
I don't think we've shown many pictures of the front of the revised Malia yet...
After an intense fight, our hero returns his battered fighter homeward.
Ancient-Shivan War | Hard-Light forums | FreeSpaceMods.net

Re:

While act 2 is getting closer and closer to completion (3 missions left to go), here's another of the ships you'll see appearing in act 3. Called the AF Archanes, it was designed as a successor to the old Phylaki assault fighter. Concept by ShadowGorrath, model by me, texture by the freespaceking.
If that fighter handels/fights like it looks i want to fly it now ;-)
Great work!
The Phylaki is my favourite actually, i hope this one is very close to it but ready for the new weapons

Glad you guys like the planet, I'm rather proud of it myself as well :D
Could you release full planet bitmap for stars.tbl? Only skybox is released, and I would need this planet without the skybox.
Hmm, the issue with this planet is that it uses tiled maps to look this good up close; this becomes rather noticeable when zooming out.

So here's two WIP shots I made back in the days, with less tiling factor; they're not as good as the skybox, I'm afraid, but they can probably pass from a distance.
Ancient-Shivan War | Hard-Light forums | FreeSpaceMods.net