Again news: here's what I recieved by the new FS2H leader:

Hey Starlord.

I am in the process of retrieving much of the information from Devrous' files. As soon as I get them all I'll be sure to post that information.

And to clarify, Devrous had a lot of family trouble in the last few years, as well as having his computer fried. I really think he thought it was cursed! lol

In either event, he is deeply apologetic on the issue and would one day like to return to the project. He has since joined either the Peace Corps of the Air Force (can't remember which one) and will probably be unavailable for comment for several years.

As far as FS2H is concerned, I did watch many of the steps he took during its creation, and I am confident that I can recreate whatever is missing from the back-up files he did manage to dig up. Months of work is lost, but the "meat" of the project is still intact. So that's good news so far as development continuing. Also, I'll be very open to the idea of having an actual team work on this. While I think I could do it solo, it would end up taking forever and wouldn't look half as good as it could if more people got involved.

Please feel free to post any of this information on any of the websites he was a part of. I am in the middle of moving and may not be able to immediately address concerns until the middle of next week, perhaps sooner.

And thank you for the email. I was beginning to wonder20if anyone even bothered with this mod any more. Poor Devrous got hit with a Mac-truck of problems and I'd hate to see this thing die without a chance. I am pleased to hear that there are still people hopeful for this project.

Regards,
Causality

I did my best to stirr interest in HLP by creating another thread.

Also, the current FS2H authority's email is available on the moddb page I've linked. Should someone else care to send an email explaining the fact that we badly need this conversion, I'm sure that person will be even more motivated...