Total votes: 2 (20%)
Not likely
Total votes: 1 (10%)
Never
Total votes: 1 (10%)
Total votes: 10

Game Content Usage Rules

Before the hammer falls...

Freespace 2: Halo was created under Microsoft’s “Game Content Usage Rules” using assets from Halo, © Microsoft Corporation.

Thanks to Micro$oft's Legal Department I may be pasting the above (no, not the picture!!!) all over my mod. But it may not be enough...

Anyone who has followed this mod's progress knows that I started off moving at lightspeed, with a ton of new material streaming from my brain into my computer. Then I had a summer from hell, but managed to get everything back on track. I am moving at a good pace once again, but have not shown much for it online in the forums. The main reason for this was a message from someone who got shut down, and a link to Microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules posted back in August.

Linky: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules.htm

While my gut tells me this email was not genuine, the underlying message is. Anyone who played Command & Conquer: Generals and loved Halo probably looked forward to HALOGEN. But M$ shut them down to make way for thier own 360 title "Halo Wars."

A few fans briefly discussed that this mod had the potential to attract the banhammer. I, too, highly doubt that a Halo-based space flight sim is in the works over at Microsoft, but you never know. Regardless, the Game Content Usage Rules are worded interestingly in some places, while in others it is crystal clear and pretty much common sense. I'd like for there to be some discussion about whether or not the community here thinks FS2H has a chance of being foxed into oblivion.

In either case, I will continue to be a little more discreet about game content and such until I get closer to finishing. If they did ever decide to give me a cease & desist, I'd rather get it after I've released it and everyone already has a copy :badgrin:

More content and the demo coming soon, I PROMISE!

P.S. Sorry about the picture, Mr. Gates...it is just too funny not to post here!

How could a man so rich be such a jerk?
Oh, wait.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

:lol:
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright