if you want to UV map like a pro, get MAX. blenders UV maps arent as precise unless you have full understanding of the "make seams BEFORE unwarapping" technique.

--how to do it with MAX, blender, and you fav image editor--

you just unwrap in pieces and then flatten the unwrapped piece, scale it to the appropriate size, move it somewhere, repeat. then use texporter to create a omage form of the UV map. then export the fully mapped model from MAX as a .3ds file, and import that into blender. then open up the image in blender and use it as a texture viewer. note that it displays textures further away as blurrier, as it does textures at an angle. their only shown at full clarity when your looking straight at them. after that, export the fuloly textured ship too a .x format, use 3dexplorer to convert that to a .cob, set up the hiearchy, and convert.

enjoy your ship.

if you want to UV map like a pro, get MAX. blenders UV maps arent as precise unless you have full understanding of the "make seams BEFORE unwarapping" technique.
Ahem. :p
Select anything in Blenders UV editor and press n for the numerical entry boxes. Also try holding ctrl when dragging bits around - you can't really get more precise than that and in most cases doing so will be a waste of time.
If you mean the whole technique - again it's as precise as you make it. It takes time to learn it, but you don't need the seams. They are very handy though for marking areas up for easy re-selection. ;)

you just unwrap in pieces and then flatten the unwrapped piece, scale it to the appropriate size, move it somewhere, repeat. then use texporter to create a omage form of the UV map. then export the fully mapped model from MAX as a .3ds file, and import that into blender. then open up the image in blender and use it as a texture viewer. note that it displays textures further away as blurrier, as it does textures at an angle. their only shown at full clarity when your looking straight at them. after that, export the fuloly textured ship too a .x format, use 3dexplorer to convert that to a .cob, set up the hiearchy, and convert.

enjoy your ship.
That's a really odd way to do it - just use whatever program you model it in. Both modelers have good & complete UV mapping tools, so converting a model from one to the other like that is unnessecary and possibly fatal for the models stability.
Twisted Infinities

Ah.

Moping?

If I am it is because my uncle died and I attended his funeral.

And that was right after I was a groomsman in my cousin's (his son) wedding two weeks ago. The wedding was in Michigan, the family in Ohio, and the funeral in Florida. I live in Georgia, so I've been in a car for most of the last two weeks.

Not to mention my computer died back in May and I'm just now getting the new one 100% complete.

It has been a helluva summer, and the best laid plans of mice and men have certainly been tested and torn.

Alas, I am back home now, back to work, and back to modding. Sorry there hasn't been any updates, but as someone much older and wiser than I once said:

"Life gets in the way."

More FS2H info will be presented next week. Till then, keep my family in your prayers, and I'll see you guys with new content on the other side :nod:

-Dev