Ya, a guy I know sends an e-mail his way every month or so asking for the code... BUt as you can tel, no dice so far :(.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Spamming people is garenteed only to piss them off, which usually results in them not giving you what you want. I've tried explaining this to, lets see, 4 fangroups? none of them have listened to me. None of them have gotten what they wanted, either.
Erik McClure

That's not always true, BH, sometimes they give out these things just to escape the constant spam. I know that's what I'd probably do.

But you're right, spamming them probably isn't the answer.
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

That's not always true, BH, sometimes they give out these things just to escape the constant spam. I know that's what I'd probably do.
That would SEEM to be what would happen, but i've seen a lot of people try. None of them have succeeded. And i mean none. Absolutly none. Nada. Its never worked, as far as i know. So i can tell you that by experimental data, spamming them has worked 0% of the time.
Erik McClure

well i wasnt suggesting spamming, but only once a month or so? that doesnt really sound like someone REALLY wants the code, too.

well thats just my OPINION. i would not spam a person to death for a source code no matter how much i wanted it (or to do so)...

it seems this topic has pretty much turned to a discussion about descent 3's source code... which i highly doubt will be released until....

uh...

no one knows what descent is at all perhaps?

I'm guessing by the time nobody knows what Descent is, They'll probably have either trashed the guy's computer without backing up the soruce, or he'll see it there, forget what it is, and dump it.

He's probably get backups, I heard that he tried to license it to someone for like $30,000, so he's prolly got backups somewhere....
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Supposing he does license it to someone, what could happen to the source code then?
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes