No one, because we're not going to make any money off of this and we're probably not going to distribute it along with any part of Descent itself.
// Join the CED. We save lives. \\

(sheesh, go away for a day and this happens...)

To Topgun: It's too soon to tell how the levels will feel, but that will be a goal for some of the levels, if not all. Also, to truely make a D4 game in it's own engine and all that would be copyright infringment of some sort, regardless of what we plan to do with it.

To Black Hole: The whole game-engine-doesn't-matter issue, that's a matter of opinion, don't go nuclear over it.

To Matthew: You'd think that there'd be no one left to worry about copyrights and stuff, but I doubt anyone is going to get away with it at this point anyway.

To everyone: This project will NOT be made with it's own game engine, it will work out of D3's and that is final at this point.

There, does that sort everything out?
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Yes Mr. Bossman Sir!
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Well, believe me, i want to make a 3D engine, but i'm worried its just one more project i won't finish...

Finish Tage, or work on this, finish tage, or work on this....

Well, if i do get something working, i'll show it to you guys. There's a 90% chance of it having HDR when i show it to you :P
Finish Tage, THEN work on this :nod:
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

@Scyphi: The game engine issue has been a thorn in my side for years, so i was just plain sick of people saying that.

The whole graphics engine thing doesn't matter, it was just a question of when, not if. Besides, i figured out that i needed to finish TAGE anyway.

When i do make that engine i'm going to prove it to you though :razz:
Erik McClure

*steals Hunter's nerf gun*
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

*Brings his own arsenal of modded Nerf guns to the fight*

Seriously though, the Fusion engine isn't that bad. I think it looked pretty nice at the time Descent 3 came out and it still looks decent. In addition, my skills lie in modding Descent 3, not D1 or D2.
// Join the CED. We save lives. \\

I miss the bobbing...
Die.
WHAT????!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
*gets katanas (the robot in my sig, AND the sword) for the fight*

now whats REALLY too bad was THQ's buying out of Outrage Entertainment; in doing that, they probably threw out the descent 3 source code! DAMN! and to add to that, i NEVER liked games by THQ. they always looked so cheaply made, which is merely complemented by what i brought up: HOW CHEAP.

just imagine what we could do by torturing the source code mercilessly! then, we would be able to go beyond those limits set by the engine. but then copyright s### sets in.

wait, i AM correct about this stuff right?

RIGHT? :oops: :shock:

I know that the source code it owned by a man that is very intent on keeping ahold of it... Even tried to licence teh engine recently, I tihnk we just need to see if we can get in contact with him.
-Steven Wright

Dammit! i hate when its like this. if it were to be in our interests, it would have to be done SOON or else all will be lost (ok, not ALL will be lost... but i dont like that)

heh...
-Steven Wright