Stage One is complete!

Just so all of you people keeping tabs on this know...

The planning stage of this project is pretty much done (maybe just one or two minor changes here and there) and are moving on to the building stage of the project.

Some minor details about what to expect in the finished project...

-Will contain 36 some levels.
-Takes place about twenty years after D3.
-Has ties to the Freespace universe.
-"Quantum Pyro" is to be the name for the main player ship.
-The referred but never really seen aliens mentioned throughout the Descent games will play major parts in this
-Will revisit previsouly visited places in the Descent series, such as the Limefrost Spiral system.

Also, i think the descent community will not be disappointed with the end result of this project. ;)
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

ack! where was all this planning done? i dont see any posts in this forum since what seems to be a necro post of mine (as there were NO posts in this forum)
is it too late to join in?

im confused!
im scared...
im disappointed
:? :? :?

can you help me out?

Oh...

I knew I forgot something, sorry Enzo. You can still join for the making process, I'll add you to the group next chance I've got (at school currently with limited time...)
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

I think its in a coma, but any help would be appreciated.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Actually, I think it's gotten worse than a coma, to be perfectly honest. ](*,)

Still, it'd be nice to see this project become a reality, even if it does take a lifetime. :P

That we can do! I don't want to take a lifetime, but at least it would get done...
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I have some D3 material slated for fall or winter 2008 :) Finding the motivation, and the time is a big factor in their completion. Nothing big in the pipeline though. Been there, done that, and to be honest doubt I could ever top a project like Basewars. Still it would be nice to bring all the many ideas I still have floating around my mind to reality. I've had some pretty spectacular ideas since finishing my last project, but several reasons just prevented me from working on them.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I hardly have the time to do much of anything. Most of my week is taken up by my senior year of high school, my part time job, trying to do homework and have ready for when it's due, and sleeping. The only day of the week I have completely free is sunday and I use that day to rest and relax by writing and/or reading. And, I don't do much Descent stuff on Sundays (for religious reasons mostly).

If you have the motivation but not the time to work on a project, I recommend structuring your life a bit differently to what your used to. Perhaps, create a schedule of some sort. You might find that a well structured routine will actually give you some breathing room to work on projects. Even if it's just half an hour per day, it's enough to get into motion.
The Expanse. Watch it!