If I remember correctly some of the levels are supposed to be part of\the whole level from D2 right? Well for the building of that level, do you think we could ask NovacroN if we could use his textues since they're damn near identical to the ones in D2, plus they would fit the D3 mine feeling.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Errr, hate to tell ya, but Descent 3 only accepts textures the size of 128x128. Now I know your thinking that the terrain textures are 256x256, but that is only because they are terrain textures, to many of those (+10) have a tendency to cause BIG problems. Trust me, I had to redesign over 75 textures of my own. :dead:

If you were going to use Novocron's, they would have to be shrunk very small (25% compared to their actual size).

(DIdn't click the little box, did ya? If so make sure that mothing is wiping your cookies...)

If the textures are too big, we'll just shrink them..big deal...
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Big deal? You lose a lot of detail, some things fuzz over, others become unrecognizable, pixel contrast becomes extreme...

Ok, maybe I'm over-reacting a bit. :p

More concept art:

Scyphi, you said that the Quantum Pyro should lose the smooth, so I guess I should start with the cockpit (probably the smoothest part of it). Here's a few different cockpit canopy designs I came up with that you could choose from, or you could specify a different one.

Here's a piece that I dug up while going through some of my papers. For now, I'll just call it "Sparrow". Nevermind that it was drawn on the back of some silly word-search thing.

This one was originally going to be the Sabre Type 2a of Flight School, but my character's timeline has skewed far enough from what I thought it would be to make its development very unlikely in that universe. It could be useful here, or maybe not.

I'm still working on robot stuff, but I'm still short of work time.
Last edited by OutToLunch on Tue May 23, 2006 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
// Join the CED. We save lives. \\

Well, I can tell you that the industerial wedge, the slim, and the geo wedge aren't going to work, and maybe the elegant wedge.

So I guess I'm going for the bubble look. :wink:
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

bubble look = more polys...
-Steven Wright

The concept Pyro already has a bubble canopy. However, it might be interesting to meld the back of the bubble canopy with the engines, making a single assembly protruding from the fuselage section. It might help if I draw it....

Okay, I modified the Quantum Pyro art. This is the result:

The engine pods were enlarged, the cockpit changed, and twin rocket pods mounted on the missile racks.

Not bad I must say. I like the idea for the missle pods. I'm not being nit0picky or anything, but maybe the pods should be al ittle more flush with the back wings... I'm not sure but it might work better.
-Steven Wright

Do you mean integrated into the tail fins or do you mean that they should cut off at the end of the tail fins?

By all means, nitpick the hell out of it. I wouldn't want to get to work on this thing and finish, only to find that someone isn't entirely pleased by it.