Concept Art

Concept art of level areas, ambient objects, clutter, robots, player ships, weapons, etc. goes here.

Here is my revision of the Quantum Pyro. When I received Scyphi's original concept art for the Quantum Pyro, I was unable to grasp the solidity of it, thus making it exceptionally hard to model. This version Does not include the rocket pods because I couldn't figure out a way to integrate them into the fuselage as they appeared to be on the original. I figure this could be remedied my mounting twin cylindrical rocket pods underneath the fuselage. Additional notes can be read on the art itself. If you (Scyphi) disapprove in any way, just tell me what needs to be changed.

Here is a redrawing of the Quantum Pyro's cockpit. It has been left the same, for the most part, save for the deletion of two elements whose purpose and shape I couldn't quite figure out.

Here is the art for a rock drilling robot. It uses its three-fingered hands to grab onto the rock wall while the drill goes to work under normal circumstances, but now it would rather grab the player and proceed to drill him. The headpiece would be a weaponless horizontal-only turret so that it would look at the player, much like the PTMC video cameras found in some levels.

// Join the CED. We save lives. \\

I like all of it!

I would like a little less smoothness on the Quantum Pyro.

Also note that alot of that cables and stuff in the cockpit is just for looks, so if you want to remove them, and maybe replace them with something better, you may. Just leave the shield and energy displays alone. :)

Robot looks awesome!
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Cool, I was wondering for the cocpit, how it would look if somebody were to use the standard text labels for everything, like I do?

(Ooo, I was wondering...if this does become something as big as D3 when it gets realised (maybe not, but one can dream, can't he?) Could we ahve special D4 MP levels? Just an ldea that we can shove on the wayyy back burner...)
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I like the cables and exposed wires on the Quantum Pyro's display, so I don't see any reason to remove those.

I'm going back to the drawing board (actually, the "Seven Years of Highly Defective People Dilbert comic book) to redraw the Quantum Pyro. I'll hang on to the smooth version incase it proves useful for something else.

Could we have special D4 MP levels?
I did have some ideas with that, but I don't know how well it'll work. I'm thinking of some improved graphic stuff for this. (Like reflective mirrors and debris [that is if I can get someone to help do that *hint-hint.*]) ;)

So we'll see. No promises.
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

What do you mean by debris? As in, better looking chunks of ship that fly off upon destruction? Bits that stay on the ground after destruction? Bits that fly off upon being hit and disappear quickly? Burned out hulks of ships just sitting around? Ambient stuff such as trash and rocks? Ejected shell casings? The difference being, that which is possible and that which isn't.

AND you have to realize that the more depris that you creat, the slower a compe will run. It's espically an issue for me becuase I run a 533MHz system with 256 MB RAM so...

As for the MP idea, maybe when we have a good level set going and it's getting worked on.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

AND you have to realize that the more depris that you creat, the slower a compe will run. It's espically an issue for me becuase I run a 533MHz system with 256 MB RAM so...
Exactly was I was pointing out in my last post.

And I mean debris as in when you blow up a bot, the little bits bounce around and then land on the floor and stay (probably not pernamently, probably best that they stick around for a while, but then eventually vanish). And don't go telling me it isn't possible because I've seen it done before in D3. ;)

Debris that stay from robots is easy, but I meant that there is no way to modify the death cycle of player ships in any way. Back on the subject of robo-debris, they cannot be made to stay for a while, then disappear, unless you make the robot spawn it as an object on death. Using that method, you could even make the robot slink to the ground as a "burned out hulk" of its former self.

THen, if we need it for a level, we could have the classic "there's still life in the burned out hulk!" Like somehow it gets up and starts flying around.
-Steven Wright

I'm thinking of some improved graphic stuff for this. (Like reflective mirrors and debris [that is if I can get someone to help do that *hint-hint.*]) ;)
Hmmm...was this comment pointed at me or at OutToLunch?