(All you have to do is click the itty bitty thing that says "Remeber me?" or somesuch)

(I may have mentioned this but...) I have a level of my own that might work for this level set. I titled it "PTMC Intelligence Facility" and so far I just have a really neat script for an airlock but not much else, It may be useful if you want to take a look.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

OutToLunch: Wait until I release the storyline. Hopefully, when you read it, you'll get the idea. :)

D3Jake: I do have a whole part of this needing levels in it, so I'll keep it in mind. ;)
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

alrigh! THat'll give me some time to perfect my pnumatic system that I wanted for the level.

BTW Hunter, What are the limits going to be for the FTP? Clearly you wouldn't want us downloading 1 GB every 3 weeks or something so..?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

No set limits, but obviously it must all be project related and keep remote linking to a minimum (I.E no posting of 100mb fraps videos and then flooding forums with it).
The Expanse. Watch it!

okay, that makes sense. THanks for the info Hunter.
-Steven Wright

If doing so meshes with the storyline, I would like to resurrect some of the robots from Descent 1 and 2 (with tons of graphic modifications, but the same general designs and attitude problems) for appearances in Project Pavilion. I've already worked out some concept art for a few, and will post it when I get the chance.
// Join the CED. We save lives. \\

^ I was working on something similar for a Single Player level I have lined up for sometime this year - I was either gonna design new robots, or revise older robots (which seemed more appealing). Ofcourse, that project is far from being underway since I'm working on something else. :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

If doing so meshes with the storyline, I would like to resurrect some of the robots from Descent 1 and 2 (with tons of graphic modifications, but the same general designs and attitude problems) for appearances in Project Pavilion. I've already worked out some concept art for a few, and will post it when I get the chance.
I'd be cool if we could get it to look as much like the D2 bots as possible. If we're going to revive the thief, It'll be a hard time gettting the behavior back to what was.
-Steven Wright

That would be okay, but you have to keep in mind that the storyline takes place twenty years after D3.
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

so they may not work as well as they once did? Hmm...
I brought up the thief becuase the behavior is a lot better for it in D2 than D3. In D2 you had to seruoisly keep an eye on your rear to make sure he didn't sneak up on you.
-Steven Wright

I think that was the goal... :razz:

I actually liked the D3 theif better than the D2 theif. The D3 version actually had some nerve :razz:

I haven't looked into the idea before, but I believe I could tweak the Thief's table entry to make him a bit more sneaky and timid.

I'm sure at least some of the Descent 2 robots would be in service even 20 years after Descent 3. Just look at Thresher and Old Scratch. Those were designed long long ago, but are still regulars in the mines.

The concept art I've been working on makes the Descent 2 robots look much less angular (where appropriate) and more detailed. And while they do look very very different from their 90's counterparts, they still have that unmistakable look that identifies them as a PIG, an ITSC, a Smelter, or whatever.

Sweet. Now all we have to do is get the .gam settings right...
-Steven Wright

I can't remember if this is possible or not (but I think it was), but have you given consideration to making this a nonlinear level set? As in, if you complete certain objectives but not others, you end up having to go to a different location afterwards or meet the objective later on and stuff like that. It would be a time consuming task, but I think it would be roxor, pardon my leet.

Is the story complete yet?

Oh, and I noticed that the ship you wanted modeled is of the same class as Ryan Kepler's ship. Coincidence?