new ship causes CTD

Normally, i'd post this on the SCP portion of hard light, but seeing as HLP is down.....

I'm playtesting a new ultralight bomber i made on the debug build of 3.6.9 RC7, and every once in a while the debug build will CTD in the middle of the mission, and give this error:

Assert: is_valid_vec(&pi->rotvel)
File: C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.t\code\Physics\Physics.cpp
Line: 562
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
physics_sim() obj_move_call_physics() obj_move_all() game_simulation_frame() game_frame() game_do_frame() game_do_state() gameseq_process_events() game_main() WinMain() WinMainCRTStartup() kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()
------------------------------------------------------------------

When i play on the normal build, it just freezes at some random point in game, and i have to restart because i can't see anything behind the game. (if i could only hit the "don't send" button on the little window that normally pops up, i'm sure i could get back to the desktop.)

my system:
IBM Thinkpad T30
2.2 Ghz Pentium 4 m
512 Mb ram
4096 Mb vram
ATI Radeon Mobility 7500
Windows XP pro
FSO 3.6.9 RC7 (running OpenGL)
no media vps (at least, it's not using them while i'm playing this)

any help?

Well, a very rough guess would be something like the Moment of Inertia settings or the rotation/acceleration speeds of the ship, but that's very little more than a guess, I'm afraid.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

do you know if the limits on the rotation/acceleration are different for fighters than for bombers? cause i don't get THAT error when using my own fighter, and that one is better in every speed/manueverability aspect than my bomber.

for my fighter, I CTD in a DIFFERENT way. :(
i get no error window on the debug build when it CTDs, but i look through the log, and this is the in-mission section:

"Got event GS_EVENT_ENTER_GAME (2) in state GS_STATE_BRIEFING (10)
Entering game at time = 34.969
Frame 2603 too long!!: frametime = 0.350 (0.350)
ANI 2_lockspin.ani with size 100x100 (21.9% wasted)
Warning: Too many triangles in shield hit.
2784 frames executed in 30.008 seconds, 92.775 frames per second.
Frame 3953: Weapon #541 CHASING cmeasure #869
Int3(): From C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.t\code\Object\CollideShipShip.cpp at line 787"

as the only ship in the mission with shields is a stock SF Dragon, i'm assuming the warnings are from the fact that the fighters my sideis in have a total of 8 firepoints EACH, but that's not causing the game crash. It appears the CTD is literally related to a crash, for everytime one of the Dragons slams into me, the game crashes.

EDIT: alright, i found the problem with the bomber.

Fighter's Moment of inertia:
0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0

Bomber's moment of inertia:
-1.#QNAN 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 -0.10984113812446594

How do you change the moment of inertia? Modelview CTDs and corrupts the POF every time i try to edit Moment of inertia data.

Try something like Pof Construction Suite, HLP is back now, so check Kara's FAQ for a link if you need one ;)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Actually, PCS doesn't have MOI editing capabilities :( - you'll have to use modview, which means you'll need to get it working in modview first.

Also, if it's crashing modview as well as the game like that, I think you've got a dodgey POF. Can you upload/PM the pof file, or preferably the cob/scn file you converted it from? That way I and others have a better chance of finding the prob. :)
Twisted Infinities