Derelict SCP Missing Lightspeed Nebula

I've just finished the SCP FS2 campaign and it was a blast. I'm trying Derelict now and everything seems to work fine except I'm not getting any backround images on any of the maps.

The campaign readme says to go here:

http://www.penguinbomb.com/lightspeed/index.html

So I downloaded 'Freespace 2 NebulaPatch v1.0 (build date jul 12, 2004)'.

After much searching on Hard Light the only reference I could find on how to install it was in the re-release Derelict thread which said to put it in \derelict\data\effects (I'd reply at Hard Light haven't resent my activation email after many retries).

It's just a bunch of *.tga images. That didn't work so I extracted to my root fs2 folder for the hell of it and my fs2\data\effects directory as well. None work. I'm only on my 3rd or 4th mission so maybe there aren't any backgrounds besides stars and planets yet? Or am I doing something wrong?

It's still playable, just not a pretty as I suppose it could be....

Here's what launcher 5.4 shows as a command line:
H:\Games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_3_6_9.exe -mod derelict,mediavps -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -snd_preload -fps

I also have the zeta packs (except adveffects) with the mp-710 patches....

Okay I ran the debug. It popped out several errors like this to the clipboard:

Warning: Unable to load starfield bitmap: 'nebulF2-main'!

File:C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.t\code\Starfield\StarField.cpp
Line: 3132
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
stars_load_first_valid_background() parse_bitmaps() parse_mission() parse_main() mission_load() game_start_mission() game_enter_state() gameseq_set_state() game_process_event() gameseq_process_events() game_main() WinMain() WinMainCRTStartup() KERNEL32.dll 7c598989()

Warning: Failed to add starfield bitmap 'nebulF2-main' to the mission!
File:C:\temp\fs2_open_3_6_9.t\code\Starfield\StarField.cpp
Line: 3442
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
parse_bitmaps() parse_mission() parse_main() mission_load() game_start_mission() game_enter_state() gameseq_set_state() game_process_event() gameseq_process_events() game_main() WinMain() WinMainCRTStartup() KERNEL32.dll 7c598989()

All of the files from the Lightspeed package I downloaded are named: dNeb01-18.tga
Neb01-18.tga

Can't find anything named nebul*.*

Wasn't sure if you wanted a copy of the Debug Spew....

I think I've partially solved it. The pack I downloaded from the above link (and is the same as several other links) including here (http://scp.indiegames.us/download.php?list.5) must just be wrong. It sounds like there's 'group's from A-H (at least I think).

I found this thread:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index. ... 436.0.html

WMcoolman packaged them into a a vp which a put into my mediavps folder and everything works now. Someone a couple posts down mentioned that he forgot to include G and H and repackaged them but the link is broken so I guess I'll live without them. Can't seem to find the proper package anywhere.

I've literally spend hours upon hours sifting through forums trying to find links to the proper files for all this SCP stuff. I think I'm almost down.

I just found a page (could have swore it was in the wiki, not the thread) with a list of all the current stuff needed for 3.6.9RC7 including media pack updates including mp-710 but I can't find it anymore. I have over 30 tabs open to different threads some of which are 10-20 pages long. I just want to play. :)

Of course the main wiki worked for installing 3.6.7 and I understand that this will all be easier to figure out someday when RC7 makes official release status.

Anyways, thanks again for all the hard work you guys have put into this great game and thanks for the help.

No problem, I'm sure I'll run into it eventually. It sounds like there's only a couple missing textures.

I can pretend that I'm battling out in space somewhere once in awhile that *isn't* right smack-dab beside a giant nebula!

This Derelict mod is a lot of fun although sometimes difficult. It doesn't seem to let me skip a mission after I've failed it five times (offers, but just repeats anyways) and seems that you can't pass with cheats so it can get repititious on some maps...

But great stuff, glad I found rediscovered this game with all the enhancements.

Let me know which mod I should try next...