SCP BUILDS OF THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I have one, quick question but more may stem from it depending on what the answer is.

Say, that I should get FS2 open, but do not want to yet because it is not done and I will have to keep downloading newer builds or patches, could I wait for a SCP-Complete build or will there never be one and the community will keep on improving it?

There's no final build in sight. As long as the SCP has programmers we'll probably keep improving the engine.

3.6.9 is going to be released sometime in the near future. But there will be enormous differences between it and 3.7.

If you don't like the idea of continual downloading get 3.6.9 once it's out. It should be stable and be all you need to play the game till 3.7 or beyond.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

By the way, (this is not a different person it is the person who started this topic under a different name) can fs2 open be used with missions created with the retail version or mods originally designed for the retail version?

Now, to be annoying... does this include my problem with StratComms GTDn Archangel? (which I have not been able to take your most recent advice on due to problems with my computer system) :onlyamother:

Almost certainly. But it's fairly easy to fix that one. Simply select the whole wing and open the ships editor->Player orders. You'll notice a bunch of grayed out orders. Either turn them on or off depending on the mission and the problem will go away.
Now, to be annoying... does this include my problem with StratComms GTDn Archangel? (which I have not been able to take your most recent advice on due to problems with my computer system) :onlyamother:
Possibly but not very likely I'd say. Parsing errors tend the be the most likely ones to give you a good error message. Especially when running a debug build.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

Ok, well, i'll go fix that. However i recently discovered that the player CAN in fact have shivan lasers equipped on his ship (Shivan mega and shivan heavy), i had no idea this was possible, but i'm not sure if FS_Open would support it. If not, oh well, i was just wondering.

EDIT: Nevermind, it turns out that this was a very odd bug that occured when there were only shivan ships in the mission. I decided to solve the whole issue and just go into the table files and tweak the ships. That way i won't be relying on a bug for my missions to work properly :p
Erik McClure