If you're refering to primaries providing a kick-back from firing them from a fighter, this existed even in Retail, but I assume you're refurring to turret barrels, that are recoiled a bit when they fire. Its been requested & proposed a few times, but it would require an extensive rewrite on model code, since it requires the ability of sub-object translation rather than rotation. Currently, rotation is the only type of sub-object motion available to us, like rotating radar dishes, sensor pannels, turets, etc. POF and FSO currently do not support sub-object translation, and I've heard no plans to include something like this. It is more likely that the model format for Ferrium will allow for sub-object translation, which should make turret barrel recoil a viable possibility.

The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Yeah. We'll see how far that goes. If he get's it working, expect several rounds of builds and rewrites before it actually gets into a stable build.

Not that it's hard to do; it just requires some changes to the engine, and Bobboau's changes usually come away with a few bugs attached. :(
Last edited by Goober5000 on Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina

VWBB Survivor: 12/01-7/04, 130 posts

Correct. Bob mentioned off hand that weapon recoil is now at least feasable and could be implimented not too long (we're talkin' maybe a few months) after 3.6.5 is released. This was in the same thread that he introduced destroyable, non-targettable submodels, and trigger-coded animations. Somewhere in the HLP moding forum. Just look for a thread Bobbeau started.

The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

yeah, i saw that. couldnt understand what it was doing (the mission didnt do anything...) until it got well into the second page, but i get it now.