ATI Cat 4.4+ & Shines

Most HLPers will recall this issue with SCP and most Radeon cards. For those who don't, most users of FSO who have a Radeon based ATI card, have found that if they are using Catalyst drivers any newer than version 4.4, shinemaps will no longer work. I just thought I'd resurrect this issue to ask of anyone has investigated if this is present in the new Cat 4.10 drivers.

Anyone?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I'd also like to note that shinemapping rarely works on a Radeon 9200, so if you have one of them, even the cat 4.4's won't do much good.

For on topic-ness, I haven't tried the 4.10's yet. I doubt I will.

just yell at ATI since you were coding a specular mapping demo from a d3d tutorials site and the drivers won't let it work. they'll probably tell you if you can get around it without too much pain.
Safety not Guaranteed

Shine mapping does work with catalist 4:10 drivers,but it has a problem with jaming when you try to go out of the game with my Radeon 9200.
The Only Thing faster than Lightning, is My Aim.

WeatherOp, check you're PMs.
My first Armageddon has died.

2005.11.25 06:22:57 combat Your Tachyon Beam Laser I perfectly strikes Ruined Stargate, wrecking for
733.8 damage.

Click the "Private Messages" button toward the top of the page. It's under "usergroups" and "members".
My first Armageddon has died.

2005.11.25 06:22:57 combat Your Tachyon Beam Laser I perfectly strikes Ruined Stargate, wrecking for
733.8 damage.

Environmental mapping works with the Catalyst drivers, always has. It just looks a little silly without the spec, which, incidentally, isn't working in those pics.