Asteroids don't emit energy, Raa. But you can target them because they are physical objects that don't shed radar energy.

The subsystems might not be targetable, or they just might be, if the data is stored in a 'warbook' program that can recognize ship types based on shillouettes.

Also, just because the main reactor is off-line doesn't mean the ship is without power. Either the station is supplying some so the internal sections of the ship have power or there is an auxilliary reactor/batteries online to allow the workers to test/setup internal systems.
"I like the funny sounds of parrots squawking,"
- Jimmy Buffet

So, basically what is being requested is a sexp like:

when
-true
-toggle-engine-effect
--GTC Fenris
--off

<Off> would be the default, with <on> as the other possibility. You'd need to reactivate the engine glow if the mission requires the ship to go anywhere later, otherwise it'd look weird.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Or just disable it. The odds of someone targeting a ship in drydock are not particularly high, and if they do, then they will probably either not notice or not care that it says disabled. And if the engines are off, then they are off; it shouldn't matter if they have been destroyed by hostile fire or if they just haven't been brought on yet. I actually remember requests to have glows turn off when a ship stopped completely (which would work perfectly here) but I don't think that got into CVS for one reason or another. That's really the way to do it, IMHO, as it'd be a redundant SEXP with disabling the engines.

As for the IFF transponder, I'd think that's the first thing you'd put in to a ship under construction. You wouldn't want automated defenses to start targeting it arbitrarily, would you?