20041022 build - *includes pilot file changes*

New build is available here: http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/willrobi ... -win32.zip

- the two bmp managers (for D3D and OGL) have been merged into one. This allows some OGL specific improvements to work for D3D now and has, so far, fixed the recent texture corruption problems.

- current CVS with some additional bugs fixes for OGL

- dozen or so smaller fixes including a math related fix and an error in ship_page_in_model_textures() which could cause problems in certain missions.

- the mission loading screen will give a slightly more accurate account of how long it's going to take to load. This is mainly for the people who have big problems with the ani being all the way to the right but a long delay until the briefing appears. So before anyone gets to idea to complain about a mission taking longer to load, it's not, the ani just more accurately moves with the amount of data getting loaded.

I lost track of all of the little changes so if something works now that didn't before let me know. I'm sure I'll hear if anything new is broken. :) If there are no reports about pilot related problems then the new pilot code will go in CVS this weekend.

Damn! This is the sort of stuff I like to see! :D

Brilliant work Taylor, as always :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Ah, thank you.

*plans to start a new pilot file*

Taylor, is it possible to retain progress in a campaign started before adding one of your pilot files?
"I like the funny sounds of parrots squawking,"
- Jimmy Buffet

Sweet monkey bagels, this is much faster. Great work!
Sync
Transcend

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.

*finds out the hard way that Alt-Tab doesn't work*

*decides not to worry about preivous post, starts new pilot file anyway*
"I like the funny sounds of parrots squawking,"
- Jimmy Buffet

*finds out the hard way that Alt-Tab doesn't work*

*decides not to worry about preivous post, starts new pilot file anyway*
Alt-Tab should work for OpenGL but it's a bit broken in D3D. One of the D3D people will get to it when they can.

As far as the pilots go, when you load an old pilot for the first with this new pilot code it should maintain all stats and progress. The pilot file and campaign savefile will be upgraded to the new format (pl2 and cg2 respectively) and the old files deleted. Once a pilot has been upgraded it will no longer show up in older builds so you're stuck using my newer ones. This won't be as much of a problem when the code gets in CVS though since all future builds would have the support for the new formats.

A short term fix is to disable Alt-Tab and the bedamned Windows key.
My first Armageddon has died.

2005.11.25 06:22:57 combat Your Tachyon Beam Laser I perfectly strikes Ruined Stargate, wrecking for
733.8 damage.

@Taylor :

I have a short question. Shortly before HLP went down Kazan fixes a bug, which let ships collide all the way over when using autopilot.
Unfortunately I didn't catched that build intime.

Has your new build embedded this bugfix ?

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Starman©

=========================
THE WING COMMANDER SAGA[/size]

I have a short question. Shortly before HLP went down Kazan fixes a bug, which let ships collide all the way over when using autopilot.
Unfortunately I didn't catched that build intime.

Has your new build embedded this bugfix ?
If he put it in CVS then yes it's in there. Going over the CVS logs I think that it was added on Oct 3rd and listed as "Autopilot convergence collision fix" so if that's the same thing to which you're referring then it is in this build.

Well, I gave your build a try. I'm still getting the rendering problems with the warp vortex. I'm gonna try to edit a mission in FRED and activate the 3D warp effect there and see if it makes any difference.

There was also some glitches in "Their Finest Hour", but it was different this time. The Colossus refused to destroy the Beast. Now, this may have to do with the fact that I sent out a general command to "Ignore My Tartet" to keep my wingmen from trying to engage it and focus them on the Mara. Rescinding the order however, did not cause the Colossus to resume firing, so there may be some time-critical sequencing scripted into the mission. I was forced to move in and destroy the Beast myself (so I got the kill for it :D ). Once I destroyed the Beast (thanks to a bank of Trebs), it triggered the Sath to jump in, which completed its firing pattern and destroyed the Colossus. I may have to try that mission again and not send the command in question.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!