I'll try it later myself but if someone still has the 20040822 build (or any other old builds) handy try removing the MediaVPs and see if it renders wrong there too. The warp problem could have been there a while since it doesn't affect the 3D version so it would be helpful to try and isolate a date or two of when this might have started.
I just gave this a try. I used one of the early FRED OGL builds to make the mission. I suppose I could have used one of WMcoolmon's June builds, since all I realy need is a build that has the "use old warp" mission flag checkbox, but I just happened to have a shortcut to this build so it was a simple thing. Anyway, I made a rudimentary mission and tested it under your 08-22 build in D3D and had no visual errors. The warps were all there with no quarter-sized chuncks missing. Now, I didn't remove the media VP, since the method I used should have done the trick.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Hey, Taylor, in your 10/30 build, I'm getting a lot of CTDs.

I'm running with -spec, -glow, -fps, -snd_preload, and -jpgtga. I've got a GeForce MX4 4000 graphics card with 128 megs of video RAM and 512 on the motherboard. I'm primarily getting them with Renegade Resurgence, but since my other playing has been mission testing for 158th, I'm not really doing that much campaign play at the moment. Could this be the preloading of mission sounds?

It only happens when I start to play a second or third mission in that session.

The other problem is a weird one with starting a mod. The ships don't show up in the Tech Room. I start a campaign. They still don't show up. I delete the campaign-specific player file and try agian. They show up.
"I like the funny sounds of parrots squawking,"
- Jimmy Buffet

I'm running with -spec, -glow, -fps, -snd_preload, and -jpgtga. I've got a GeForce MX4 4000 graphics card with 128 megs of video RAM and 512 on the motherboard. I'm primarily getting them with Renegade Resurgence, but since my other playing has been mission testing for 158th, I'm not really doing that much campaign play at the moment. Could this be the preloading of mission sounds?
Is this with D3D or OpenGL? If it's OpenGL then try using the -novbo option. First step is to try it with no options and see if it still crashes. If not then add them back one by one until it does.
The other problem is a weird one with starting a mod. The ships don't show up in the Tech Room. I start a campaign. They still don't show up. I delete the campaign-specific player file and try agian. They show up.
Aahh, that is a problem. I know that worked fine before since that's number 3 on my test case list. One of my fixes to prevent data getting carried between campaings must have really fixed it. I'll back out a few changes to figure out which one(s) caused it and make a better fix.