Very simple, Black Wolf. Some of us don't follow Doom 3 at *all*.

Thanks for the info, Lars. And I'm sure at least a few people will want this.
"I like the funny sounds of parrots squawking,"
- Jimmy Buffet

About Doom3
I have played for the technical aspect ^_^
Standing at different points of the first level w/o any enemys an was looking at the level in differen detail grades to see how they had worked.

About the Info
Well just got some parts of it in the last lesson so I thought "man that would be great to have...special that I now know how to do it"...and some people who can do it that I could ask ^_^

I'm pretty sure Doom 3 doesn't use displacement maps, only bump and normal maps.
Sync
Transcend

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.

It's to do with the way the textures are handled at the moment. Bobb does want to revamp the code, because theres not much more he can to with it the way it works at the moment. It wasn't really designed for multi-layer textures etc.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Was that even used at the time the code was originally designed ('97-'99, depending on how changed it was from the FS1 code...)
"I like the funny sounds of parrots squawking,"
- Jimmy Buffet

Normal maps need to be built from hi-poly models in order to be efficient. So in fact, someone would have to do uber poly (--> 100k) versions of the V models, and then take the normal maps from there.

Bumpmaps and displacement maps are something entirely different.
Dance with me
Under the soft moon shining,
In the wide open fields
Far beyond the toil and trouble
Of my busy mind.

Normal-maps
Well their are some good guys in the community who are good enough to build 100k models I think.

Bump/Displacement-maps
These textures can be made from textures you allready got so it wouldn't be a gib problem for texturers to make them.
Basicly its just the normal texture in B/W to tell the program hights and lower parts.

So my request would be if someone could work out a support for Bumpmaps at least.