I've been inside Doomsday devices on the test server, it's hillarious when it goes off. The lag is like 30 seconds, so no one explodes until 30 seconds after detonation.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Yeah, the delay is noticeable on the video. Unfortunately, BoB has an absurd Pr department, so they make everyone think that ascn just plain sucks and missed when they activated the device when in fact the bob fleet was in warp away from the grid (15 second activation warning is plenty of time) and the thing is entirely tankable to begin with. That story is also wrong because ASCN only killed 5 of their own ships, 3 or 4 of which were cloaked, and one being the cynosural generator, and this was hardly 'a good chunk of their own fleet.'

I was on sisi once when 2 dev's activated 2 different smartbombs in about 2 minutes span. being tanked for explosive damage doesnt help when the second was kinetic.

1) The video on that page was from a test firing a few days before the war

2) Cyvok said he killed 16 ships from the doomsday blast, but about half of the killmails that showed in his mailbox appeared without any message body.
Safety not Guaranteed

If the firing sequence already passed the exit field (assuming instant firing after activation), I doubt logging off would work.
The Expanse. Watch it!

even if you logged off, since it effects the entire grid, you have 15 seconds to hope you're clear... I'd imagine a dictor with a cyno warping to a cloaked covert (who summarily warps out cause the cloaks are so expensive) would be able to bubble the fleet then have it nuked before anyone could react... It's only a 15 second delay from pushing the cyno button to damage being dealt (the asplodies are delayed though)...