well i have on my ship now 2 large shield boosters and 2 inertia stabilizers with 4 launchers but if i activate 1 of the large shield boosters it takes a quarter of my cap so ill stick to one :)
No thats not going to work. First off you want to make sure that all of your high slots are in use. If you're using this for Level 2 missions then you should only need a medium shield booster, if that. You may want to look into training up shield hardeners (Tactical Shield Manipulation 1, requires Engineering 4), since they reduce the damage you take from being hit, so you wouldn't even need to boost as much. You shouldn't need the inertial stabs in the lows really for L2s, use ballistic controls to up your damage and make things quicker. Here's my trusty L2 mission setup:

Highs:
5x Assault missile launcher

Mids:
1x 10MN Afterburner
2x Shield hardeners (see this thread for which ones to use: http://www.sectorgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2119)
1x Medium Shield booster II. The T2 version is really easy to train for and costs around 350,000 isk. Its also a bit better than the best named (C5-L)
1x Sensor Booster. This speeds your locking time

Lows:
2x Ballistic Controls.
Safety not Guaranteed

i found that (at least when i did missions) heavies + painter was still worse than assaults against frigs. Then again i didn't have that good of a painter and CCP has since readjusted the missile dmg formula.
Safety not Guaranteed

OMG double post:

On the request of night hammer

Harpy

Hi:
4x 125 IIs. Much easier on the grid than 150s.
1x Standard Launcher. Piranha Missiles

Mids:
1x 1Mn Afterburner II. Used to keep your transversal up so large turrets dont hit you.
1x Sensor Booster II / F-90 Sensor Booster. I found that F-90s were a bit cheaper in Jita, and the stats are exactly the same. SB2s take more skills to use as well. This thing knocks down the locking time like mad.
1x Small Shield Booser II. Because the calvary is late as usual. Replace with Gistii X-Type Small shield booster for an insane tank.
1x Magnetic Scattering Field II. Passive EM hardener. I use this instead of an active since the Harpy shield tanks and it has the giant EM hole. Currently have Em Shield Comp to 2 atm, and its giving me 41.5% resists. Once its to L4, i should have 46%, IIRC

Lows:
1x Tracking Enhancer II
1x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Safety not Guaranteed

I just got a Harpy for my alt. Probably gonna do the 150 thing. So used to using the higher caliber guns on things after using the Wolf.
Leet Al > I have sh###y charisma, so I compensate by using 7 heatsinks on my Armageddon

for 150s its:

4x 150s
1x rocket launcher w/ defenders

2x sensor booster IIs
2x tracking comp IIs

1x Mag stab
1x Tracking enh

Should be able to fit it all. T2 150s are more expensive than i'd like. Hell T2 125s are 1.2M
Safety not Guaranteed

anybody use a gila? or just happen to have a setup for it?
4 heavy launchers, dual 150 rails
some sort of shield tank in the mids
fitting mods and a BCU in the lows.

The gila doesn't have the grid for a rack of 200 or 250 rails without a good deal of power mods or advanced weapon upgrades. I wish the bonuses wen't split like that, it kinda sucks.

Should be:

50% flat bonus to heavy missile velocity

Caldari: 5% bonus to heavy missile damage
Gallente: 5% bonus to heavy missile precision or ROF.
Safety not Guaranteed