I know this is inactive, I just have some questions.

I know this project is inactive, and I have no intention of harping on about how you should have dug your heels in and finished it and satisfied the desires of many and been worshipped for this revolution and what not, I just have some simple questions. More may arise with answers.

1. Is this a mainly code-alteration based project or something like table-gigging and FRED wizardry?

2. Why did it stop? (for purposes of knowing whether or not it was because it was too difficult)

Also, a third question you give me an answer to 1.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

It was a recreation of fleetwars using some of the newer scp features, but before netcode had actually been fixed. It was to be a campaign esque thing with multiple teams all factoring in how the story progressed in their attempt to capture territory.

It stopped because people disappeared and little progress was made once we started an alpha test.

its not like a file or anything, it was a selected group of testers who started to play the game. it was a regular fso build, no mods, just some rules on how to play, so there's nothing to actually release other than maybe some of the maps that were made

What is fleetwars? And Netcode? Also, can I have the maps anyway?
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'

The current Map.

Subspace info:
Red lines between systems denote subspace routes. There is no more and no less that 1 node for each line connecting to a system. Routes going off the map DO NOT EXIST DURING TESTING... No rescources, no movng, nothing. :-D

The Ledgend

Simple terms of the ledgend:

Systems will be colored upon capture and or (re)assignment. Colors may or may not be used for testing.

Red is out of bounds. Attempt to enter, and you may be stopped by the GTVA.

Grey is protected. Any number of fleets (or mercs) may call this home. No resources are collected or produced by nodes. This is GTVA space, fighting is grounds for intervention.

Blue is GTVA space. Travel is allowed here. Same rules as protected.

Yellow is for contested systems. These can be multi-template systems that require a team to control all templates in the system before holding it. They can also be systems where THE FOLLOWING DESCRIPTION IS CLASSIFIED FAR BEYOND YOUR LEVEL OF CLEARENCE.

Green is an unclaimed system. Move any ship there, and you will capture it. (Gas miners are the exception. See the Rule thread on moving ships and gas miners).

Fleet colors:

Each fleet has been asigned a color (mercenaries have no color, they do not control systems, so they just sit in the system, undesignated on the map).

Systems of the fleets color, belong to that fleet.

I see. But what was squadwar anyway? So this was all you really got around to finishing? The theory, the method and a few star maps?

You make it sound so insignificant.
Sorry, I do that a lot. Not intentially of course.
do you know of darkwing? SOR? any of those?
Who are you talking to? You is a bit useless on forums...
If me then no.

i'm still working on it (really)
Cough.

You missed the 'Active forum' eviction notice :razz: