music? what music?
who?
when?
where?

?????
:?

but ANYWAYs...

oh, on an off-hand note, how hard is it to make custom music in FS2? i have awosme music that i wrote, and performed for an audience of no other than my pet rat, Taxi :) (anyone wanna hear it? :wink: ) , but i dont know how to get it into FS2!

Actually yes, let's hear that FS-Based music :)

Keep in mind though to be "FS Music" it doesn't have to be anything like Dan Wentz's FS music... so long as it fits the mood.
The Expanse. Watch it!

When you get that mission submitted, you'll bne able to hear the ridiculous amounts of Music Hunter and Flipside've composed for TI :). As I understand it though, composing music for FS is relatively simple - if you can compose music that is. It uses pretty standard formats and stuff, and the dynamic nature of the music engine means you don't need to know anything about the mission to make the music.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

ok... BTW, hunter, i think you type-o'd somewhere, cuz one of those senteces doenst make sence... :)

[edit] er, nvm. i just read it in the wrong context :oops: [/edit]

anyway, the funny thing about this music is it doesnt sound like freespace much. its ... weird. so far, the only 2 ive completed (not recorded yet, but memorized) are 'encounter' and 'steakout' they both go heavy on the french horn/strings theme, and both have a 'passive' part and a 'battle' part. i had the first encounter with the Aesir in mind when i wrote 'encounter', and it sounds very mysterious and suspenceful. steakout is strange. the passive part sounds like, well, a steakout. like youre spying on someone, and the battle part sounds very heroic. im not sure why, but its good anyway. ill put it up in a topic in the freespace sector wehre ill also put some drawings i did.

BTW, each of these songs only use 4 instruments (on my keyboard theyre called 'tones') , so i think its not too bad for an idiot like me :wink:

and let me re-phrase that question on making custom music: how do you do it? :)