You've got questions, I've got answers.

Post any questions and if I deem the question answerable, then I shall answer it. If the question's answer would reveal too much of the campaign, I will refuse to answer it :)

Proceed.

Why did the Shivans Destroy Capella? :p

On a more serious note, how are you handling briefings/messages etc. where the mission is telling the player what to do? Presumably they won be the standard GTVA way, but having the orders downloaded directly into the players mind as a shivan hive mind might work wont be implemented until after 3.6... so...?
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

On a more serious note, how are you handling briefings/messages etc. where the mission is telling the player what to do? Presumably they won be the standard GTVA way, but having the orders downloaded directly into the players mind as a shivan hive mind might work wont be implemented until after 3.6... so...?
I have my own way of getting around the problem, after the first 'set' of missions. It may seem like a cheap excuse, but it's what the whole story is set around. So I can't really explain in detail.

As for the Capella thing :dance:

I am predicting a May release if everything goes like I want it to. Maybe even earlier if I get help. Pretty much all the graphical work is done, except a few texturing jobs. And interface. Ugh. So yeah, not long :)

I had released a demo mission a long time ago, before my HD crash, it was the first mission, FS1 era, the Bastion and Tantalus battle, basically converted directly from FS1 to FS2 from shivan point of view. Had a few bugs at the time. It's still floating around on one of my servers I think, and you'd probably be able to find it on HLP. If you are that desperate. :good:

the HUD is part of the interface.

Which is probably one of the largest jobs you could ever take on when MODding FS2.
Dance with me
Under the soft moon shining,
In the wide open fields
Far beyond the toil and trouble
Of my busy mind.

It's up to TheShivan to decide whether or not he wants to make a new HUD. I already have all the shivan comm pics working so you won't see Terran heads talking :p

No, Bosch will not be involved.

it was the almighty camera which flew around in the trailer ( what kind of question is this, anyway ??? )
Dance with me
Under the soft moon shining,
In the wide open fields
Far beyond the toil and trouble
Of my busy mind.

my apologizes for this dumb question
i thought that someone flew the mission while it was recorded.

another question :

will ancients be presents in some form ?
Fun and teamplay are the goals