Just got some new monitors... brain is feeling weird

So after about 5-6 years of using the same setup I just got two new monitors. They are slightly smaller than what I used before (24 inch down to 22) and aren't all that expensive. I simply replaced the old ones because they were different resolutions and getting old. That and they are quite heavy for LCD monitors, about 5kg give or take. These new ones are only 2kg.

The problem is I can't seem to get used to the way they look, no matter what temps or brightness settings I use. The colors seem OK, and every test I can find suggests there are no problems with the monitors.
But when I look at them for any extended periods I find that my eyes (or brain) just aren't quite getting used to it. Is this a normal thing that will pass with time?

I should add that behind the monitors are two bright windows with about 30-40 feet viewing distance, does anyone has some suggestions how I should configure the monitors to match the environment? Right now they are set to sRGB and 90 brightness/50 contrast.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Just got some new monitors... brain is feeling weird

When I switched laptops there was definitely an adjustment period and I do remember fiddling with the brightness settings on many occasions. Now I'm seeing that lower brightness at night and slightly higher during the day depending on whether it's full sun, cloud cover or under artificial lighting.

Newer monitors have better brightness, contrast and are a lot more vivid, I'd dial it down and gradually bring it up. You want to avoid any glare which will definitely give you eye strain issues. I guess you could always place the new monitor side by side to the old and adjust from there. If your really looking for specific settings a monitor calibration device might do the job or perhaps look at software that does something similar.