Re: Anyone watch Dark Matter?

@ Karajorma - There you go, you got the confirmation for how good Black Sails is. By the way, how are your mom and sis?

@ Hunty - Yes, it's a great way to watch a good TV show. I like Netflix Marvel series. I can binge watch the lot in a few nights.

@ Xelion - You're welcome ;) I hope you will like it. The first season was a bit choppy but it got much better from the second season onward. The CGI got more impressive too.
Cheekybum & Junior

We binge watched Black Sails to make the most of a free 6 month Student Prime thing. Also had a period of obsessively watching Person of Interest, albeit truncated by waiting on the last and second last seasons.

Not sure what's next now. Maybe The Man in The High Castle?

I can definitely recommend Man in The High Castle. It's a really surreal experience.

And yes, I also binge watch Netflix shows.. It's a great way to kill time and learn nothing in the process, other than how good American dramas are compared with the rest of the world :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

@ Karajorma - There you go, you got the confirmation for how good Black Sails is. By the way, how are your mom and sis?
Driving each other crazy apparently. I'm glad I'm in China though cause they seem to be working on a dark and gritty "Whatever happened to Baby Jane" reboot. :p Apart from that they're fine.
We binge watched Black Sails to make the most of a free 6 month Student Prime thing. Also had a period of obsessively watching Person of Interest, albeit truncated by waiting on the last and second last seasons.

Not sure what's next now. Maybe The Man in The High Castle?
My sister tried to get me into Person of Interest and it does seem pretty damn good from the couple of episodes I watched. Problem is that thanks to Sickrage automatically downloading any show I tell it that I'm mildly interested in, I have several thousand TV shows episodes of stuff I can watch (I'm not even joking!) and I'm kinda reluctant to start up anything else new. I'll probably give all three a try soonish though.
2 more shows worth watching are, animation that is
Legend of Korra is great but for me it never managed to equal The Last Airbender. And since you really can't watch it without watching TLA first it seems a strange recommendation. Did you actually prefer Korra?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

Person of Interest is a great show! I know a guy who looks very much like Mr. Finch, with glasses too. He is French though, and a little over 6 feet tall.

@ Karajorma - Send them, your mom in particular, my regards when appropriate. She's always very kind to me. I have been thinking whether I should invite them out for afternoon tea and cake if I visit London area one day :D
Cheekybum & Junior

Legend of Korra is great but for me it never managed to equal The Last Airbender. And since you really can't watch it without watching TLA first it seems a strange recommendation. Did you actually prefer Korra?
I went through season 1 of Korra and then found out about the 'The Last Airbender'. Sadly it's only on DVD quality cause I prefer HD or FHD but I will still watch it at some point.

For Korra the first season reeled me in and I was hung on the story from ep to ep. Unfortunately the same can not be said about the following 3 seasons and even though they were good the first was by far the best. With regards to the story, the creators stated in some extras footage on the blu ray discs that the first season story arc and episodes were really well planned and complete but every season that followed had changes throughout during production.

Yeah, the first season of Korra is definitely the best. In general though I think the whole of TLA was well above Korra in terms of how good it was. I found the show much funnier and unlike Korra it worked better because it had a single premise running the whole way though the show rather than each season having it's own big bad. And that's not to say that Korra is a bad show, just that TLA was much better.

Person of Interest is a great show! I know a guy who looks very much like Mr. Finch, with glasses too. He is French though, and a little over 6 feet tall.

@ Karajorma - Send them, your mom in particular, my regards when appropriate. She's always very kind to me. I have been thinking whether I should invite them out for afternoon tea and cake if I visit London area one day :D
I'll pass the message on to her next time I speak to her.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

Re: Dark Matter + Other shows

Months back I watched some episodes of SG-1 but I don't think I'll ever see the series from beginning to end without the HD treatment. SG Atlantis was more watchable with the Replicators, Michael, and Genii themes. Todd was a fav of mine. He was in a 12 monkeys episode I saw recently, and his voice is so unique... John Sheppard :badgrin:
So I finally started watching The Expanse yesterday. I'm on Season 2 Episode 8 today. Haven't binge watched anything this hard in years!
Great show aye! I can't wait for Season 3 :halfrobot: