The music of our youth (and perhaps present)

Well, seeing as this place is open for business again, I might aswell try and get some activity in 'ere :P It's no secret that we're all getting older and sentimental. Most of us started doing this in our 20's or 30's. Now that more than ten years have passed since we all gathered here at Sectorgame, I think it fitting that we share some of the music we've listened to during (or before) those 10-15 years. Any genre is accepted, from any era. It doesn't matter if the music was released in 2005 or 1985, it just matters that it's a part of YOUR life :) Please post songs as you think of them - And don't post any huge lists that are TLDL :)

While listening to Pixies 'Indie Cindy' right now, I can't help but load up their old songs alongside it - The most memorable of which is the ending from Fight Club: Where is my mind?
Myself, I'm more partial to the 'Best of Pixies' edition of the song which you can find @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPBAv8wjZRc

And I was pleased to hear this particular tune at the end of the recent Mr Robot episode :)

Speaking of Mr Robot, that drama has a great soundtrack! Sample @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ambwtxIajHU&list
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: The music of our youth (and perhaps present)

If I think back to the music I liked when it was trendy, things like Bon Jovi, Metallica etc, they are the tracks I never listen to any more, it's the stuff that I considered a 'guilty pleasure', that I still enjoy.

Will admit, as time has passed I've got more and more into Music and less and less into Songs, as it were.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

I think I've always preferred music without lyrics - And even if there are lyrics, I usually don't listen to them properly. I don't know the lyrics to most of the songs in my collection, but I know the sound and melodies well. There are a few rare exceptions to this, such as with the Pixies song. I like songs, but I just don't really care about the lyrics. That being said, I can't imagine a, let's say Pink Floyd song, without it's lyrics.

I don't really listen to modern popular music at all. I couldn't name one Miley Cyrus or Taylor Swift track.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Funnily enough I can, but not through choice. Teaching classes of predominantly 20 year old girls has resulted in me picking up some things by osmosis that I doubt I'd ever know otherwise.

When it comes to listening to new stuff, it tends to be from soundtracks more than anything else. Right now I'm listening to tracks from Witcher 3 a lot.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

Funnily enough I can, but not through choice. Teaching classes of predominantly 20 year old girls has resulted in me picking up some things by osmosis that I doubt I'd ever know otherwise.
I used to get that with K-Pop. Less so these days, because it makes my ears bleed. I just press mute and watch the girls dance about. :mrgreen:
The Expanse. Watch it!