Upgrade yes or no? - or how should we release it?

Type 1
Total votes: 2 (22%)
Type 2
Total votes: 1 (11%)
Type 3
Total votes: 6 (67%)
Type 4 (No votes)
Total votes: 9

OK whats this Poll about?
Lets say it this way...since we want to make every ship from the Wing Commander universe I am interested how we should handle some of the timeline problems that comes with that.
I mean the stats of the ships are so quite different from WC1 to WC Prophecy.

Type 1)
Should we release the ships in a packs acording to there timeline with the values they have during there time.
That would mean that we have a WC1 pack a WC2 pack and so on. The ships have the original values from the games.

Type 2)
Should we release them in one big pack, but keep there values. That would mean that, for example the Bengal Carrier would still have its 21/24 (Shield/Armor in cm) and the WC3 Carrier its 3000/1000 (Shield/Armor in cm).

Type 3)
Should we balance it a little bit out and say that the older ships where upgraded so that the Bengal would also have a 3000/1000 value.

Type 4)
Should we release different packs so that everyone could deside what he would like.
For example should we make a Type 1 pack and a Type 4 pack?

So vote for what you would like, because when we know it its would be much easier for use to create the table files and set the weapons strenght.

LOL we cant just imput those values form the manuals directly. A dralthi Mk4 would rip off a broadsword bomber with one shot!

We need to mke the table entris balanced, so neither pak would do, well type 3 ie closer to reason.
melek :baaaaaahh! whats that strange word they have?
Trakath: SURRENDER!

Listen up you primitive screwheads!! this is My BOOOOMstick!

We can make both a big release with all ships balanced and the smaller ones. So the question is what do we do first?
I think the Type3 would be in the first release, because the Story is set during the WC3 timeline and we also have some older ships in it.

I didn't vote cause I just wanted to suggest that since the mod is WC3 timeline (right?) have the older ships that exist in the fleet currently would HAVE been upgraded otherwise they would have been scrapped (like the enterprise in The Motion Picture upgraded constitution class). Keeping all the earlier ships is cool though I think they shuld keep their ORIGInal values cause face it the Federation(?) can't afford to upgrade every class of ship. It is cheaper smarter to build new classes with new tech and service them. RIGHT? That way we can have all the new, some of the old equal to new incombat stats, and some of the old for early recreations and realism of stats... Know what I mean?

They wouldn't upgrade all ships, thats for sure, but some would, because they can't scrap all of them in the same time. So some few would be upgraded, other (most) would be scraped.
Also, when you read the book you get the feeling that Confed only has 8-10 Fleet Carriers and some support ships. (Mentioned somewhere)

Actualy, there was only one Bengal Class Assault Carrier, after teh Claw was built the class was shortened by nearly half the length and renamed the Tiger Class Stirke Carrier, the Tiger Class had heavier armor then the Claw but wasnt as powerful a warship due to the limited craft capacity and firepower(That was in the old manual for the SNES WC1, wich mirrored the PC version exactly)

Actualy, there was only one Bengal Class Assault Carrier, after teh Claw was built the class was shortened by nearly half the length and renamed the Tiger Class Stirke Carrier, the Tiger Class had heavier armor then the Claw but wasnt as powerful a warship due to the limited craft capacity and firepower(That was in the old manual for the SNES WC1, wich mirrored the PC version exactly)
Heh, apparently it didn't mirror the PC version exactly :p. According to the PC manual, after the Tiger's Claw was built, changes were made to the Bengal-class design. Subsequent Bengal-class Strike Carriers were built ten metres shorter. So, the Tiger's Claw was 700 metres, while the Kipling and other Bengal-class ships that followed were all 690 metres long. They were all in the same class, though.

If thats teh case, why werent there any other Bengal class ships in WC? even at a "10 meter" deficit, they would be extremely reconizable at any range, but after playing all the WC game sI have only ever seen one Bengal class ship, and thatw as the Claw. Several assault carriers, roughly half the size the claw was, would make cameo appearences for very short times but were usualy never named or directly interacted with, admittedly I havent read many of the WC books, but everything I have always seen comments that for its time the claw was the largest ship constructed, and it was deemed too costly to construct a ship of that size during the war so she was the only ship of her class, and given teh fact a Rapier is over 100 meters in length, how could the claw host more fighters then any other carrier in teh confederate fleet? The PC manual must be wrong if it said 700 meters.

I'm not sure where you're getting your stats from... the Rapier fighter is only 24 metres long - and indeed, later versions were only 19 metres long.

Now, it's true that no other Bengal-class ships were seen in the game, but that's understandable, since we saw so few real carriers in the games. However, the WC1 manual mentions the TCS Kipling as being a Bengal-class ship. Other sources also present several Bengal-class ships - the WCA cartoon series shows the TCS Trafalgar, while the books show the TCS Wolfhound. Other possible Bengal-class ships include the TCS Eagle's Talon from the official WC1/2 guide, and the TCS Kyoto from WC1.

On a sidenote, we don't know why the other Bengal-class carriers were 10 metres shorter. It is safe to assume, however, that this was not for budgetary reasons, because it wouldn't have made much of a difference :).