If you read the update to my site, then there’s nothing extra in the text here.

No major updates to note, although I am thinking about using the SCP on it. To be honest, there won’t be a lot of changes to the missions as they are at them moment and what they would be with the SCP enhancements. Those of you with powerful computers will obviously get the better graphics (sort of in that the ships will look better, but backgrounds will have to stay as they are). This because I have a Celeron 500MHz processor (and I’m saving my money up to do a masters at university) with 64megs o’ ram.

That said, there will be advantages for instance, all my Orions can have nameplates without adding to the ships table, is the major visual one and there are others which I won’t mention else I’ll tell you what’s going to happen in each mission, and that won’t be fun.

If you think this is a good or bad idea, add your views to the topic below. If I do use SCP enhancement (and to be honest, unless a load of you say don’t do it, I’m almost certain to) then the quality of the screenshots may go down a bit.
'Take what you want, and pay for it.' - Cairhien saying

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slicers fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Hmmmmmmmmm.. I would say use the SCP, for the simple reason that most of the FS2 brigade are going to lose interest in non-SCP projects once a stable build is in place, which is actually quite likely to happen. You may reduce your 'audience' but the number of people that problems will affect will get less as people upgrade their hardware.
The advantages and flexibility of the SCP will expand your mission possibilities loads, the new Sexp's make some great new options available.
And, of course, the graphical updates, even the standard [v] ships look better, though this is an aside, since if you have SCP, you can play standard FS2 campaigns and the ships WILL look better :)

Flipside :D
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

To be honest I wont get to see the better V ships. Look at it this way, glow points sometimes cause a slow down when I play so I hate to think what would happen if I used the spec map things (plus I tried to get them to work on the Big C and nothing happen, 'though that probably just me').

Like I said, unless my computer explodes in my face, I'm most likely going to use SCP. Infact I'm going to make my decision now and say I'm going to use it.

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slicers fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

make it in a form, that if soemone doesn't want to use the SCP, they can, like, save each mission that would use things like the orions, as a regular mission with just ordinary orions and such... still many people can't get the scp to run reliably, or simply don't even bother with it any more, because of past problems (me for instance)...

This isn't exactly a fast reply, but that's a good idea. Especially since the difference between the two wouldn't be massive (but will be noticable). Cheers.