Well I've been unable to work on the old campaign these past few weeks, I've had important matters to deal with and as a result very little had been done since last time I did an update either here or on the site. Hell, I havn't even been to any Freespace sites for some time. But, like the bad penny, I've come back. :)

How's this for an idea: as well a the debrief message(s), at the begining of it there will be a 'personal log' type thing from your second in command (who is really the voice of the player). The idea is to put the missions into a wider context by adding addition hints as to whats going which don't really fit into the missions theIf anyone mselves. played the game Ground Control it'll be like the after mission bits in that. Good idea or not? (Actually I'll probably put them in even if everyone hated the idea, but I would lie opinions).

Anything else I've got to say? I can't think of anything off hand at the moment, but if you've got questions then please ask away. I'll try to check the forum every so often.

PS: I'v spelt the title wrongly (it should be 'slight break' not 'light break'. Oh well).
'Take what you want, and pay for it.' - Cairhien saying

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slicers fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

How's this for an idea: as well a the debrief message(s), at the begining of it there will be a 'personal log' type thing from your second in command (who is really the voice of the player). The idea is to put the missions into a wider context by adding addition hints as to whats going which don't really fit into the missions theIf anyone mselves. played the game Ground Control it'll be like the after mission bits in that. Good idea or not? (Actually I'll probably put them in even if everyone hated the idea, but I would lie opinions).
It's a good idea, if you make sure the monologues and the debriefs are notieably separate - eg. Different voice actors, different coloured text, the monolgue in reccomendation text, etc. etc.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

It'll probably have to be in recomendation text at the start of the mission, since I seriously doubt there will be voice acting and as far as I'm aware you can't change text colour in debriefings. This is correct isn't it?

The only other way to seperate the log from the debrief could be to do the following:

Begin Personnel Log:
This mission was tough. End log.

Well done pilot . . . etc etc.

It'll probably be a case of seeing what looks good.
'Take what you want, and pay for it.' - Cairhien saying

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slicers fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon