Now this is when we find out how many people visit this forum. So what can be expected from Act I of 'Time of Change'?

* 17 missions crafted from the pure magnetisum of my hard drive.
* 4 'cutscenes' which are 'in game' as it were. This includes the full version of 'The Door Swings...' (as found in the Demo) and 'Ancients Monologue 1'
* 4 new ships: The GTF Angel (scout fighter), GTM Daedalus (medical cruiser), GTSn Aether (sensor probe), PVMn Ammut (mine)
I would not get too excited about the last two since they are only in one mission each (and you probably would even see the mines). Each is also a re-skin of exisiting ships.
* 3 new useable weapons: GTM MX-55 Lancet (advanced anti-fighter missile), GTM MX-60 Claymore (anti-bomber missile, used to disable a bombers weapon systems), GTM-2 Nemesis (anti-cruiser bomb).
Again, don't get exited about the Claymore since I might be removing it. It doesn't work to well after all.
* Single frame cutscenes and new briefing icons (including 'proper' ones for ship selects - unlike the ones in the Demo).

That's it I think. I might even get round to releasing it a some point, once it's finished.

Anyone have any questions, then please ask away.
'Take what you want, and pay for it.' - Cairhien saying

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slicers fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

No questions but just to say your campaign looks like it'll be really well polished. I was pretty disappointed with the original Freespace after playing FS2 first, so a Im looking forward to what looks like will be an interesting take on the story of the FS1.

Keep up the good work.

Maybe this should be the Times of Not Change?
hehehehe Sorry, I really couldn't help that ;)

Good luck Tar Palantir, I'll be keeping an eye out to see how things go :)

Flipside :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

No, he's alive. It's a miracle! Apologies to all for the lack of an update for while, I moved house recently and had university finals before that and it all added together to result in no updates for a long time (and little campaign work for that matter).

Oh well, I'm back now and working on the campaign. I'm currently doing ship icons for mission briefing, which are actually looking fairly reasonable. I'll get some pictures once I've done a few more.

That's all for now folks, I'm off to bed. It's 11:30pm where I am and I'm knackered. . . . although you didn't need to know that.

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slicers fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Sounds good :) I just had a look at the site and it seems to be shaping up nicely, on the images screen, theres a sample of the briefing animation. Is the 'Scanner' type image of a ship coming through a jumpnode one of yours? If so, I'd love to hear how you got that effect! :)

Flipside :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Yes the ship coming though the node one is mine. First I got an image of a Typhon warping in, I turned off the HUD to keep it clear, although their were still bits present at the end.
I then greyscaled it, then added what in Photoimpact is called 'Noise'. Actually I might of greyscaled the image after adding the noise, although I don't think it would matter much.

You have to toy around with the setting of the noise to get some interfearence but not enought so the ship was completely obscured be it.

I must admit that I was please with the final effect.