Well, lets see... That orb is mine, that Phoenix looks like Kuman's, and the level at the top I've got no idea on, but if I had to guess I'd say it's Sirian's (probably one of your levels though).

I was wondering why this wasn't mentioned anywhere on the site, or even in passing in some obscure post anywhere on this entire forum?

When I saw that it was mine, I actually expected to see that mentioned in your About section. I was planning on copy/pasting that here on the board in a big "Muhahahahaha!!!!!!" post, and then offering to make you a new one since it looks terrible. Sadly, that's not how it played out.

I could not care less who uses my stuff, but if there's one thing that gets to me online (where you can ignore everyone), it's fan-made work used by other fans who don't cite that fact. I certainly wouldn't use someone else's stuff in my website/mod/wallpaper/etc., and then not say so and inadvertainly claim it as my own.

I expect Hunter, that since you've done a lot more work in more communities, that you have had this happen to yourself (and probably more then me). How do you usually react to it? I don't care, but I usually tell the person/team not to forget about it in the future. Enter this post for this example.

It's a point to a certain degree, but the level is not available for download, if it were, I am absolutely certain Hunter would give you the credit you so deserve, however, the game was being played as a 'third party' product, and a few screenies just happened to be posted as part of the community. I know no disrespect was meant on anybodies part, but the Descent community is not the most active in the world, I mean, I own Descent and I don't go to this Forum often, (only bought it 2 weeks ago mind, thanks to this lot, so they ARE helping the community in a way ;) ). So, there is no longer the impetus to name level Authors etc, for example, could I name the maker of every Unreal 2k level I play, online, and take screenies of? Nope.

Anyway...

:sg:

It's been a bit of a misunderstanding at first, but I'm hopefull things will improve :)

Flipside :D
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Two week ago? Ouch, you missed everything. Team games of any kind, lots of populated servers playing non-lame maps, clans when they actually meant something, etc. It was the best multiplayer game in existance a few years ago, but now it's a dim shadow of that. :(

I know, alas I only even found out about playing Freespace online in the fading days of PXO :( Still, all it probably means is that now I get to play on a DSL connection, and that I will actually know the names of the people who are using me for target practice ;)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Aside from the fact they are used and unmentioned on lets say, four other websites I can spark a name to - I made that website in a very tight schedule. By rule, I always include credit of any content that isn't originally mine - It will be corrected later today, but keep in mind this is just something that slipped my mind during the heist of workloads. You see I haven archive of these things in a Sample Library folder, that I've kept for a long time - Another reason I forgot to mention anyone. Will fix later... Oh, and those levels are all mine. Kumans 3D Ships are free for public use last I checked - But I will include that anyway.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Yes. He does get heavy workloads.
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

k, there you go (see bottom credit).

The level pictures at top are mine, whereas the others are from the original D3 screenshot lineup in 98.
The Expanse. Watch it!

What are some popular servers that people battle on? ??? There are virtually on people on pxo.com. Where is everybody?!?!?!?!
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

At the current time, 17:54 my time, on PXO at this very moment there are :

27 Persons in Chat
42 Persons in Game
8 Active Games out of 40 Running

So - That's not much, but pretty good for a 5 year old game. Why, what are you seeing? Do you have 1.4?
The Expanse. Watch it!

k, there you go (see bottom credit).

The level pictures at top are mine, whereas the others are from the original D3 screenshot lineup in 98.
Noooooooooo, that credit is to big. I'd try it closer to this:

Code: Select all

<BR><font size="1"> Shield orb graphic by Rake & Descent 3 models by Kuman. </i></font>
Although a credit on every page is way over the top to begin with.

Anyway, though, now that that's over with... can I make you a new orb? Pretty please?

BTW, did ya know that this is still up? :D