A question to spur this topic. How much does D3 look for in the way of edits of the program? (If you can understand that) How do you change the reticule?!? Does anybody have the D3-SDK file for scripting?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Sigh. The best way is to just learn along the way. Everything you need to get started is probably at the Tutorials located at GameEdit. D3SDK is also available at GameEdit. As for reticles, well you have to have a good Graphic program such as Photoshop or cheaper Paint Shop Pro - All images must be created in Targa TGA format, and usually you have to use a prefixed size. Best thing is to find a Reticle MOD on Planet Descent and compare it, that way you have a point to reference, rather than digging for the appropiate data beforehand. Simple things are a lot easier to change than hard-code scripts.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I did gt the files, but... I can't setup the D3-SDK file right it always says that I have a wrong path. DA** (Excuse me)
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Was that damn? Or f$£kin$ piece of h0r5esheet? :p

(Sorry, Hunty)
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

First I have every tool that has ever been made for D3. Robo a lil of both. Now to the question... I'm trying to create new ships and I can't get verts close enough together, so do you guys build a big model and shrink it or... next how do you select the Magnum or other ships in new levels? Does it have something to do with breafings or...
-Steven Wright

One way to make a ship is to make it big then shrink it, yes.

To do with selecting the Magnum/Phoenix - you have to make an initial level that activates the ships. You can't pick it straight away. I'm too tired to explain it right now...

Check out this topic for more info, it might help: http://www.descentbb.net/ubb/Forum22/HTML/000684.html
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

Has anyone ever messed with a .gam file bfore? You get some very interesting results. is there a way to make "energy drain" robots. or robots that give you shield?
-Steven Wright

I've just been looking through my d3 .mve's converted to exe's, and noticed that the green map in the backround through the ending movie (both beside dravis and the map on the CED Executor) have south americia backwards, and australia too... some other stuff is messed up as well... maybe i'll get a screenshot soon...

Next on the agenda... does anybody know how to create movie path ways? Or where to find tut's on the subject?
-Steven Wright