I cant get my missles to fly right, With the .gam tool how do you cover up ships, every time I try to add files to my d3.hog it corrupts it, custom objects in d3edit, I cant get them to appear in the Avalible objects. 'nuff said
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I think know what he means when he says they don't work. I think you are doing the correct thing in some way, but you are trying to write to Descent3's own .hog files - which you cannot do. I remember once trying to add more pics to ppics.hog (I think) and it totally buggered D3 up.

Go on and read those tutorials Hunter quoted at gameedit. You should be making custom object/file archives in .mn3 files, not .hog files, this is because the level will go into an .mn3 file anyway.

But yes, like I was saying, don't touch the .hog files that D3 has already installed.

http://www.gameedit.com/papacat/cstob1.html - Making custom objects.

http://www.gameedit.com/tutorials.htm - GameEdit tutorial home.
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

You don't actually need them in the MN3 to run them, you can put the OOF files and Table file into the Main Descent 3 directory, however if you want dynamic lighting on the objects they must be packed into an MN3.
The Expanse. Watch it!

You don't actually need them in the MN3 to run them, you can put the OOF files and Table file into the Main Descent 3 directory, however if you want dynamic lighting on the objects they must be packed into an MN3.
Only assume they are willing to do a decent job ;)
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

Well, albeit interesting - Dynamic Lighting on OOF objects is a **** annoying procedure :p

Edited By Hunter on Dec. 07 2003 at 22:36
The Expanse. Watch it!

Don't you mean Mr.Sheen?

What kind of sick carpet cleaning canadian are you? :p

I think this Topic should get a badge or plaque or something. I posted first and within a half week I already had 11 some posts. :-0 :-0 I do thank you guys alot for you help!!!
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Hey, no problem, its our job. Feel free to ask if you have any more queries.