In D3, is there only ONE list that you can save games on? Can you make another list or anything?
The reason why I ask is because my brother and I both play D3, so we have to share the saving menu, which is fine, except that besides our games in our respective pilots, we save entries to certain levels too (like who wants to deal with the trains on level 4 more than once?) as well as other things, like another pilot I've started (I'm trying to be level of rookie! *gasp!!*) So the saving list has now become a juggling act of what we need to keep versus what we'd like to keep..... it's really annoying.
Do you guys have any ideas on what to do or do we gotta just deal with it?
"When one is expecting booby traps.... always send a boob in first."
-- Megatron from Beast Wars: Transformers

"Don't make me take this fusion cannon off and beat you with it!"
-- G1 Megatron, probly drunk

"I think my Guidebot is lost..."
--[RIP]d3jake

Copy and paste your savegame files into another Folder inside the Savegame folder and datestamp them. Or name them. That way next you want to load D3 and save a game you got empty slots, however if you wanna restore those games, then copy and move then back to the Savegames dir.. it's a lot of fiddling.. but works.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Thanks Hunter.... um.... I *think* I understand what you're saying..... uh... yeah. Uh.... :headbang: Okay, is a Savegame folder something you can get to from outside the game? Like, if I was to go into my computer's file explorer program, and clicked on D3 so I can see the file list (read-me txts and stuff) there would be a folder of all the saved games? If so, I understand how one could go in and create/move the old files over to get a clean list. But if I'm talking nonsense and are no where NEAR what you said..... *sigh* :headbang: Sorry... you'll have to explain some more.

--[RIP]d3jake

OOOOoooooooohhh! Okay..... thanks Hunter. :) I know what you mean now.

It's so true that pics can speak louder than words lol.....

--[RIP]d3jake

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 Hey Star, Take a chill pill!!
Geez Hunter you sure know alot. Do you just not do anything besides play Descent 3? Anyway I was messing around and I figured out how to make the Pyro the Black Pyro, not the one from Merc. :) The one with Mass Driver or Vausse. :uzi:
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

:uzi:

I LIKE my hyperness, thank you!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

--[RIP]d3jake

You know that you can save the game during the Secret Level demo, then load it up in single-player? Slick way to cheat.
Do you realize that there is nothing standing between the United States and world domination?!

Master of the Freespace Port to Freespace 2.

The Star Wars mod is now at HLP! Check it out!

I was going to say something quite cheeky but now I will not.

;) :spam:
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

You know that you can save the game during the Secret Level demo, then load it up in single-player? Slick way to cheat.
:-0

Edited By Hippo on Dec. 05 2003 at 21:30