Heehee, I'm new around here... I have a question about Descent 3, level ten..... There is a point in this level that my computer almost always freezes on..... the picture gets warped and out of focus, and you can move the ship up, down and around, but I can't do anymore than that. It happens when I get to the outide of the building past the "really big gun" on the moon's surface, erm... the building with the door that's a half-circle and moves in when you go thru.... :headbang: I'm sorry, I dunno what the building's called.....

Anyways, when I go to the left of this building to dodge bullets and whatnot, that's where the game freezes and I gotta restart the computer. Does this happen to anyone else as well?

Thank you!! :dance:
"When one is expecting booby traps.... always send a boob in first."
-- Megatron from Beast Wars: Transformers

"Don't make me take this fusion cannon off and beat you with it!"
-- G1 Megatron, probly drunk

"I think my Guidebot is lost..."
--[RIP]d3jake

Can't say I've heard of that. Are you running the latest 1.4 version of Descent 3? However if I can think of something I'll let you know...

:sg:

Edited By Hunter on Nov. 13 2003 at 18:07
The Expanse. Watch it!

:sg:

Welcome aboard!

I don't own D3....yet....but make sure you have the latest patch, as Hunter suggests, and also make sure you have things like Anti Aliasing turned off on your VidCard, theres been some talk that DX5 & 6 don't much like some of the 'features' of DX8+ cards :)

Flipside :D
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

It's something to do with backwards compatability and Direct Draw, or mebbe I'm just talking out my :fireplay:

Flipside :D
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

D3 is very buggy IMO, especially single player. It works ok on fast systems though.. you could say it was built before it's time.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I've had the same problem as the newibe. :)
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

The version I have is (I believe) the first, Descent 3 version 1.0.
What's weird is this glitch doesn't happen ALL the time, and I dunno what may be different that makes/prevents it.

Ummmm.... I dunno what the acroyms you guys are using stand for, or even what they're referring to to begin with......
??? My computer knowledge of programs and stuff is EXTREMELY basic..... So.... um, I won't be able to tell you really anything technical unless you put it in veeeery simple terms. Oh wait, oooo! ooo! I know what a VidCard is, I think! The video card? I know what that is.... kinda.... :headbang: Oh gee, don't I sound intelligent lol :duh: :p
"When one is expecting booby traps.... always send a boob in first."
-- Megatron from Beast Wars: Transformers

"Don't make me take this fusion cannon off and beat you with it!"
-- G1 Megatron, probly drunk

"I think my Guidebot is lost..."
--[RIP]d3jake

Hey Hunter. What or how do the patches work. y'know um... dose it modify or like what dose it do??? ???
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

It fixes at least fifty bugs in Descent 3 Single and Multi. It also allows to play games over the Internet with other players.
The Expanse. Watch it!

When I had problems like this, it was because I had to upgrade my computer. I know of someone who started out not too long ago with a 500-MHz Pentium III, onboard sound and onboard video.