install issue

first off, vista 64

so i have the iso for d3 cd1 mounted (and i tried a burned copy with the same results, so I'm saving the cd's and sticking with iso's for cd 2)

if i virtually eject and insert the cd, i get the classic 'what do you want to do?' (run the autorun, or open as folder)

i select autorun, and it launches setup.exe, which asks for access to the computer which i grant

the process then sits idle forever using about 6mb of ram until i end it

launching setup (directly) as an administrator, and in varying types of compatibility mode do nothing different

ideas?

I'm pretty sure that you can just copy the files. If not, well, check the Not-so-bright Sector.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

copy from where? the .cab's? (they're giving me a damaged file notification, which may be the whole problem)

i'm downloading the free multiplayer only download as linked in the place without lights, followed by the missions/movies as hunter provided, and hopefully that works

You might want to seek out that DOSbox tool I've heard so much about for installing old games on Vista. I'm going to try to get it when my new PC arrives, as I still enjoy my retro classics.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

I've heard of playing problems but not install ones, I'm afraid your more or less on your own here because no one to my knowledge has run into this problem. It's possibly the download is corrupt, or that somehow it's bugged as to not work with Vista. What happened to your original copy of D3??
The Expanse. Watch it!