Descent 2: Query

The following post contains spoilers to a 12-year-old game, read at your own 45426745wrhtshnb43hb6246.

-------

There is one switch (see attached video) in Secret Level 5 that I can't figure out.
You can see that there are only two unexplored areas. One of them is the entrance, and the other is the exit. I tried (and succeeded in) hitting the switch with guided missiles, but the entrance didn't open. Likewise, I hit the switch and fired a guided missile into the exit, though it simply blew up on contact.

Does anyone know what it does?
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."
Attachments
argh.rar
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 397 times

In fact, there's one secret level every four levels in D2! And some are really easy to find, too! You mean you seriously never found any?

Wow, bet that's incentive to replay the game. :p
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Yes, that is correct. One for every star system you visit, with the exception of the end system, Tyco Brahe. It just shares the same secret level as the Omega System.
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes