You should be able to go from 1.0 to 1.4 without problems, provided you have the correct patch.

As for the Priest's Icon, I'll give you a hint, the answer may lie above your head.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Or under. It depends on which you perfer. Also, use your headlight. It helps. ;)
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Singleplayer is doing my head in round about now. Got to the end-of-level boss (hmmn, directions on the roof tiles, nice) but it seems to have crashed or something hasn't triggered.

I'm in a sealed room with that big doberman of a robot who's completly nonreactive to anything I do, no more of his mates spawning and noway out. Other than suicide.

Ah yes, that bug... :|

That particular level isn't perfect in it's desgin, and it's well know for some scripting bugs. Sounds like you've ran into one of them. Unforunately, the only thing I believe you can do is start the level over completely, and hope you don't run into the bug again. (you shouldn't, it only pops up once every blue moon, never heard of someone who was getting it constantly)

Look on the bright side, at least you know how to do everything now. :)
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Didn't you do any save games? Go back some steps. Are you sure you've patched to 1.4? That bug shouldn't appear in 1.4... :S
The Expanse. Watch it!

If you've patched to 1.4 you won't have that problem, and after you patch, you have to restart the level from the beginning.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I'm in charge here, short of Hunter and the other Admin, so prolly not. This section could use the activity....
-Steven Wright

If I can get off my ass (and find the time...) I should have at least one of my three small projects done this year for D3.
The Expanse. Watch it!