Need help with D2x-rebirth please

Ooookay....

So the other day I got to craving D2 really bad. Problem is, I haven't played it in ages, and my computer was recently upgraded to run Win XP. My brother was kind enough to put D2x-rebirth on here before disappearing for the weekend, but it's not working properly.

The intro movie is slow and jittery, like the visuals and the audio can't keep up with each other. And I mean really. slow. In the player menu it takes a couple seconds for it to realize I've told it to go down one to the next menu option. And the screen looks dull with a greenish haze on it.

I haven't tried playing in a level yet cuz if the game's running too slow before I get there, there's little point for me to try. =\

I've turned off as many background programs as I could to free up some RAM but it doesn't seem to have helped. However, there might be other things running that I don't know about, simply cuz I dunno how to check.

In case it's helpful, here's my computer info:

1.3 GHz
256 MB of RAM

Can anyone help me make this go? :sad7:
"When one is expecting booby traps.... always send a boob in first."
-- Megatron from Beast Wars: Transformers

"Don't make me take this fusion cannon off and beat you with it!"
-- G1 Megatron, probly drunk

"I think my Guidebot is lost..."
--[RIP]d3jake

Okay... and at the risk of sounding really stupid, what does that mean exactly? :toothy6:

Unfortunately my knowledge of all things computer is limited to basics. ^^;

--[RIP]d3jake

I dunno what would make rebirth try to use a software renderer... I know that the video card is an onboard (prolly a POS) So tonight I think I'll stick in an extra ATI card I have and try that...
I case you're wondering, we're siblings, so I can do that easily.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Egad, your siblings? What a frightening thought :P

I can't think of any reason why rebirth would use software rendering - yet what he is describing matches up with software rendering almost exactly.
*cough* Just for the record, I'm a "she". :mrgreen: Jake's my younger brother. :tongue5:

*headscratch* It's beyond my knowledge of how computers work, so I'll have to see what bro can do with it. Not like I have any other choice. =\ I just miss my D2.....

--[RIP]d3jake

I have half a mind to hand you the video card, teh drivers and make you figure it out, I won't always be there to do it in teh future, and its awful hard to ask for help when your comp is in pieces on tyhe floor when you're working on it.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Huh..? Do tell...
-Steven Wright