xD Good thing to know I'm not the only one who has Descent dreams....

Actually, I've had two Descent-type dreams, one of them involving Rampage from Beast Wars: Transformers. It was really long and vivid, but since I dunno how many of you know who Rampage is, I'm not sure if telling you guys about it would make any sense.

... Wait, since when does Starry make sense? >_>

ANYWAY.

The other Descent dream was very recent, and it was a combination between Descent, The Chronicles of Riddick, the anime Samurai 7, and it included my friend's vampire character named Barthon. Ever notice how dreams tend to be created out of the things you've seen during the day? That's where this came from. It's sketchy in some places, but that's usually how dreams are.....

It started out with one of those cool flying-in-space scenes, like the beginning of D2. I was a mercenary hired to fight against the incoming Empire who go from planet to planet conquering the inhabitants and making them slaves. There weren't many who had the guts-- or maybe insanity-- to fight this Empire in space because they had superior forces. I was a part of a squadron but true to my independent nature I broke formation and tried to engage enemy fighters on my own. The battle was fast and hot, but it went on forever. Soon it became apparent that what we were fighting was merely a distraction, and the Empire had already landed on the planet we were trying to protect. By pure dumb luck my squadmates and I pulled off destroying a battlecruiser, but I was the only one who survived.

When I got back to the planet I expected "Hooray thanks for your help!" What I got was a kick in the gut. The empire people had already worked their magic on the populace, and everyone thought I was a criminal for going against the Empire. The emotional imprint of that argument is still fresh in my mind. Betrayal. And they didn't even know what happened to them. I was captured before I could get back to my Pyro.... it was secured and locked away, just like I was.

That one guy from the Chronicles of Riddick popped up.... the bad guy... um, the leader of the forces that had that girl hanging on him all the time. He drilled me with questions, trying to learn where over opposition forces might be, and wanting to know how a young woman could have such a fancy fighter ship (the Pyro was one of a kind, I guess). I wouldn't tell him a thing. He said, fine, soon enough I'll be one of the Empire followers and I'd be glad to tell him anything he wanted.

True to Material Defender form, I told him to shove it.

So I got locked up again. The dream skipped around a bit, but somehow I tricked the guards into thinking my cell was empty, and when they opened it up to look I took off. Cue the dramatic chase scene!

After running down hall after hall I ducked into a dark spooky part of the ship. At this time they were initiating a hard-core security lockdown, so I hid in another cell that... turned out to be occupied.

Barthon was a vampire, tied to a wall with blessed chains that he couldn't break through. He was made by the empire as a new weapon, but he wasn't terribly interested in a life of servitude. We made a deal that if I helped him he'd help me. I removed the chains and found there was a good reason why they were blessed-- Barthon could plow through and destroy anything he wanted to. The cell door cast aside in ruins, we took off, fighting bad guys and trying to reach the ship hangar where my Pyro was.

I remember this part clearly, lol-- Finally getting back in my ship, and becoming absolutely PISSED upon finding that all the weaponry had been removed (I'm very fond of the plasma cannon and napalm rockets). Since Barthon had nowhere else to go, he hopped into the back seat. Luckily they hadn't taken out the vauss cannon or the concussion missiles yet so the hangar door quickly became full of holes. While the room depressurized and people ran around panicking, I kicked on the afterburner and we blasted off into space.

When we got far enough away from the Empire ships I programmed the ship's warp core to take us on a couple jumps and then a five-hour flight to some sort of safe place. Barthon was pleased to be free, but he'd never been in space before. Thankfully I had barf bags installed.

The End. :mrgreen:

On a sort-of related note, has anyone tried writing Descent fan-fiction? I've been tempted a few times, but I dunno how to go about it. I doubt it would be hard though, since I've plenty of practice writing Transformers fan-fiction. Can you tell I'm a writer? :smash:

... >_> I've babbled enough now.
"When one is expecting booby traps.... always send a boob in first."
-- Megatron from Beast Wars: Transformers

"Don't make me take this fusion cannon off and beat you with it!"
-- G1 Megatron, probly drunk

"I think my Guidebot is lost..."
--[RIP]d3jake

*saves link* Thanks very much Scyphi, I'll take a look at that site when I can. :D
"When one is expecting booby traps.... always send a boob in first."
-- Megatron from Beast Wars: Transformers

"Don't make me take this fusion cannon off and beat you with it!"
-- G1 Megatron, probly drunk

"I think my Guidebot is lost..."
--[RIP]d3jake

This might be old, but i'm gonna post anyway.

I had a descent dream not too long ago that seemed very real.
I was in the d3 level with the trains, i think it was level 4, right? Anyway, it was changed. I was now flying through some pipes. then i looked right and saw three more pyros to my right side. But then i looked ahead. There were not less than fifty robots heading towards me.
I ordered everyone to fire. But nobody fired. I looked back, and i saw a mirror wall behind me. I was all alone. I immediately activacted my primaries, or at least i tried to, 'cause they didn't work. Nor did the secondaries. all i had was a sort of a pocket blaster. But i had to open my cockpit to fire it. So instead i ran. And then they hit me.
My engines were gone. Damn that lucky shot! I fell through the pipes and crashed in a ditch below them.
I opened my cockpit, only to see about two hundred robots of all sorts heading towards me. I took out my blaster and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened. I was helpless. Then lasers started flying towards me. The first one hit my ship. The second one hit me. I was looking at my body that was disintegrating. It felt so real. I fell on the seat and sank deeper and deeper.

I woke up with a scream. What a nightmare it was.
Is this better?