Descent Dreams

So this morning, I had my first Descent dream in so many years. It's been a while since I had a clear one. Some things I can remember - The entrance to the mine was in a field (lots of trees and hills which stretched for miles) - Winding down into the mine was quite scary, as it went far and fast. It took a long time to descend, and I'm not sure if any speed enhancements were involved (because of the depth later...) - When arriving at the mine, it stretched out into the ocean floor revealing the surrounding ocean depths. I have no idea what was protecting the mine from pressure, as this was at the seabed - Somehow in my dream there was a signpost which stated "Current Depth: 43,700 feet" - I think that's deeper than any ocean I know. The proceeding mine was lit with a aquamarine lighting.

After some searching through this pretty mine surrounded by the haunting ocean deep, I came across an Energy Centre - Another player was present there, in what looked like a Pyro using headlights. The player signalled me with a flare (No idea who it was..) - There was no HUD to speak of, it was just like real life. I've never had a Descent dream that is like a game - It's always lifelike. There was some concerns about how to get back to the surface. For whatever the reason the entrance could not take you out again, and you had to take a special vehicle designed to ascend through the ocean. But there was some concerns about rising too fast, which would cause the vehicle to break apart.

Sadly I can't remember anything else, and I also woke up at this point.. And while I'd prefer to have dreams about real life, It's nice to return to this freaky, futuristic Descent that I've dreamed of in the past.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I wish I had more dreams like that.

For being a fairly strong Descent fan, you'd think I'd have these kind of dreams more often, but not really. At the moment, I can only think of two, and they wander from the point fairly often.

The one I remember better was that I was at school, taking part in a model rocket championship thing, when i was pulled aside and asked to help another guy my age (that my mind simply just created by itself, wasn't based upon any person i knew) correct a problem in the schoo'ls basement, that just so happen to be oddly like a descent mine and full of infected robots. It even had a wickedly cool boss that i wish I remembered well enough to recreate. What was cool about this dream was the fact that I had all of the stuff a pyro had, but it was all built into a kind of backpack that i could wear on my back. I remember flying around this figment of my imgaination too, but I'm not exactly sure how. Maybe the pack had jets or something.

The other dream was about me building a custom D2 level, that turned out so good, so complex, that my dad, (who i considered to be the best Descent player period at the time of this dream) couldn't beat it. The level was awesome, and I tried to build it for real, but this dream pre-dated D2X-XL, thus the level proved to be too complex to recreate at the time.

Now, progress will allow me to build the thing, but unfortunately, I can't remember the important parts of the dream to do it and because of the levels "special" dimensions, I couldn't sketch it out on paper. (tried and failed several times. :()

Any other dreams I had that might apply had certain traits of descent but other than that was completely unrelated.
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Now see, I'm fully capable of having dreams of other things. Examples: Stargate, Star Trek, Calvin and Hobbes, Harry Potter, Redwall, etc.

Just not Descent! :?
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Yes, even Harry Potter. :p

I can elaborate if you wish.

nononononononononononononononononononononononononono
nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononon thank you.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

nononononononononononononononononon ononononononononononononononononono nononononononononononononononononon ononononononononononononononononono nononononononononononononononononon ononono thank you.
Spoilsport page-stretcher. Did I meantion SPOILSPORT?

Well, since I really don't care to elborate, I won't. :)

It's not really that interesting either, not to mention that I don't remember the dream entirely...so...

Anyway, to do so would be going off topic. :p

All my dreams are weird like a computer game of SOMEKIND. Pretty much everynight. Although I never seem to have any guns! It feels more like exploring. Strange towns, cities, buildings, mountains, hills, shorelines - It's closer to real life in how it looks, but more like a game in how it feels and reacts. For example, I can remember being in a building poorly lit with lights bursting, sparks coming from the ceiling, elevators not working properly and strange platforms like those in Unreal Tournament
The Expanse. Watch it!