The descent upgrade project

I am going to start upgrading the descent 3 ships and robots with higher polygon models. the only thing is, when I tried to replace the pyro gl model I get a "cannot find object >guide bot<" error. what I did was I replaced all the pyro-gl models in the d3.hog, added the textures into the table.gam. what am I missing?
╔╦╦╪╦╦_
╚╩╬╪╝╞╧╩╪╦
Now what am I supposed to put here?

Theres the problem right there, you edited the D3.HOG, a huge mistake - You'll need to reinstall the original Hog file. You only need to put new models and modifications in the main Descent 3 directory. BTW any table modifications that change the ship in any way other than visually will be blocked from multiplayer games.
The Expanse. Watch it!

so, what am I supposed to do? I don't really understand d3 file structure.
╔╦╦╪╦╦_
╚╩╬╪╝╞╧╩╪╦

If you have a new model for the Pyro, just drop it into the base directory of D3. As for doing that in mass, You can do that in an additional .hog file, but I don't know what it has to be named.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Same thing. Make sure the filenames are the same.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

OK, it works fine except, now when I go to the pilot config\ship config, some of the Phoenix and black pyro textures are missing. what is wrong this time?
╔╦╦╪╦╦_
╚╩╬╪╝╞╧╩╪╦

What model are you trying to replace them with?
-Steven Wright

D3 finds objects and textures thusly: Say your mission has object "abc" which uses texture "xyz". When you attempt to load that mission, D3 will say I need object abc.oof, and texture xyz.ogf. D3 will first look in the Descent3 main directory. If found there, it stops looking for that textur or object. If not then it will look in the mission mn3, then in the default hog, which is "D3.hog". The first object or texture found with a matching name will be used. So, if there is a abc.oof in all three locations it will use the one that is in your main directory. This is fine to place customs there for you own use, but not a good thing to do if you plan to distribute your work. Reason is that if you do it this way, it will override a custom that is of the same name that someone may have put into a mission. It is also not a good idea to alter the D3.hog, as it will override stock objects and textures used in all missions. Also anyone who wants to play your mission would have to download your D3.hog, replace theirs with it, and reinstall the original when done. So the correct way is to include them in your mission mn3, then you have control over how they are used.
PREPARE FOR DESCENT | PLANET DESCENT