Unreleased Models

Here are a few wireframe pictures of some ships that never made it into the final version of Basewars. These are mostly larger ships, and not player ships. It's unlikely they'll ever see the light of the day.

Removed

This was intended to be a new kind of carrier/battleship crossover - similar in size to the ship in Hyperspace Divided. It has a fighter bay at the very fore of the ship, which is inspired by the original carrier in the first Hyperspace level.

Removed

Many turrets would be mounted on this thing, and it's purpose would have been to kill fighters. Lots of them.

Removed

Bio-Science Station

Removed
Last edited by Hunter on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Some of those might make good Freelancer ships.... even if they're for NPCs.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Couldn't you use these in the SP version of Basewars you were talking about doing, or did you decide not to do that after all?
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

He might mean for Freelancer.... I dunno for sure.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

if its for freelancer, that game has relatively low-poly models as well. As for importing models into freelancer, the .oof would need to be converted to a more general format, such as .3ds or even .x, from there you can import it into milkshape and export to .cmp, and if the textures are supplied you'd need to retexture it and export as .mat, respectively.

As for SUR files... your on your own there :P
Erik McClure

If somebody wants them in .3ds format I can get that done, I have a tool that I got from PD that will let me convert .oofs to .3ds, and the UV info stays on teh model, though I have yet to texture a single model that I've textured...
-Steven Wright

Hehe, these date back to 2003 so weren't ever intended for Basewars, but was just poking around and spotted them.

Removed

Removed
Last edited by Hunter on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!