The Level Test

The level that was unofficially released with all of the files used in it has now been released as a semi-BETA (not yet official) with only the level. I would like feedback on it, as well resolving a little issue with my sister's copy of descent I discovered with testing it with her on LAN.

The Level:
A simple level made with simple rooms, and a large room with infinite robot spawns. It has several modded weapons including the flare. Your ship is my orbot ship, designed to give the player the ability to disquise as a normal robot if they wish. You would be wise not to use the fusion cannon in a small room unless you get a running start down a hallway, then back away when you launch it. You'll find out soon... You would also be wise to periodically use a fusion spree to clear to robot room, lest you crash the poor fusion engine...

The problem:
My sister's descent has microway problems. It has no trail, and I can't see her's, and she can't see mine. But I can hit her with it, but she can't hit me. Her's is the defualt descent3 settings. Nothing don'e except downloading a few MODs and my level, as well as a few others. Help?

EDIT: one more thing: The level is changing quite often, now that I've decided to release it.

EDIT2: I have a new update ready, but the site I use to host the fles is down right now, but hopefully I'll update tonight.

EDIT3:I currently only have the MODs done for the pyro. So to see the custom weapons and ship, you'll have to use the pyro.
Last edited by Matthew on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: The Level Test

... but the site I use to host the fles is down right now ...
I have 95% unused rootserver, staying empty for nothing .... :shock:
(only the Freewaretracker+Webseeder on it and some other simply html-sites and pop3's)

So you need a permanent filespace, i can create a account for you ;)
( ofcourse , 4 free )
... dont have a signature ...

Yes, its my server, there i can (tech) do what i want.

You like have a own web / ftp account
or
you want me to upload your stuff there and i'll give you the direct-links to the files or Download-Sites with the linked content ?

mail you dont need (but you will not get spammed by me ;) )
and its sometimes helpful for me to have a mail-contact-adress when i update or upgrade systeminstallations and the server needs to be rebooted or anything else. (so i can tell people before and asking if there are some problems ...)

OK, I'll setup a half featured account,

1st rule: ! NO WAREZ ON THIS SPACE/SERVER!

if i check the server and find any warez on it, this account will be deleted .... ofcourse incl. all data and no questions ...
( sometimes the provider is looking to the server because i've running a public Torrent-Tracker with a Webseeder on it )
... www.freewaretracker.de, PD / demos / free / fun -stuff ...
Sometimes i support to publish (c)-free Pink-Floyd stuff with this Server

I will give you a account:
1,5 GB Space, 100 GB Traffic,
Space is strict limited via system. (if you need more, tell me.)
If you overrun the traffic i'll see a colored user at my interfaces, but your account will not be blocked.

ftp login = > IP - User - Pass
web-interface (confixx) login = > interface-adress (i'll give you with account) - User - Pass

If you wanna reach this space wia "http/..... anything" for any websites you want to put on it, you need to have or setup a domain anywhere, which you can point to the server-IP.

A dyndns-domain will be perfect, if you wanna a "unlimited free" domain like "http://matthew.ath.cx"
This free domains you get at: https://www.dyndns.com/account/services/hosts/dyndns/
(free are 5 static , 5 dynamic - incl. wildcard and MX)
- register
- my hosts = > static dns = > create new = > type you prefered name / word , choose a ending like "ath.cx or mine.nu ...",
manually type in the server-IP: 85.25.6.74 , enable wildcard ....
- ... and safe
thats all ;)

I need to know the domain-name (if you wanna have http-accass) because i have to setup the domain
(confixx have to do this, i have to tell confixx) in the virtual host configuartion for your account on the server.

-enabled:- (so you can host websites on it)
php/php-upload, cgi/perl/std.cgi.scripts, 1*sql+php-myadmin, ...

-disabled-
WAP, SSI, Mail/POP3/autoresponder, selfdefined ftp-users, sub-domains, domain-setup, passworded directorys, directory-listing via website. ...
(if you need pop3 / mail, (this will work with this dyndns-domains and this server, tell me.)

so, was a lot of text ... short version here :badgrin: :
1.: no warez
2.: 1,5 GB Space / 100 GB Traffic per month / FTP / confixx
3.: php5, 1*sql, perl, cgi, (php5.xx module via apache 2.xx, sql 4.xx)
4.: what domainname you will setup for it (if you like have)
5.: how can i send you the user/pass/interface-adress?

Ditto. The only problem with sectorgame PMs is no notification of new PMs. Hear that hunter?

Could you give me that in simpler terms? I didn't understnd most of it.

A hell of a job, 1st I needed to teach him somthing so he is able to use a 1st class service :razz: (and a server-account, ofcourse)

I hope now all is fine :D