My friends' visit....

Awhile back I mentioned that my bestest best friend was coming to visit me in the beginning of August. Well, she did, and I showed her D3! I ran through LVL 10 to show her all the neat weapons and then made her go through pilot training and LVL 1!! It was SO much fun LOL! She seemed really impressed by D3! :mrgreen:

Just a quick side note-- I ran through LVL 4 not that long ago, and came across the STRANGEST glitch. At the end of the level, when you're supposed to fight the Mercenaries.... instead of two Pyros showing up, two missles appeared! And they acted like the Pyros do! But they didn't have any weapons.... basically all they did was try to run into me to create damage.... it was really weird... I destroyed them both eventually, and the level ended like it was supposed to.... Even though the cloaked Pyro was also a missle..... :? I'm quite confused... has anyone had this happen?
"When one is expecting booby traps.... always send a boob in first."
-- Megatron from Beast Wars: Transformers

"Don't make me take this fusion cannon off and beat you with it!"
-- G1 Megatron, probly drunk

"I think my Guidebot is lost..."
--[RIP]d3jake

Eh..... Well, the third Pyro/missle was cloaked (the one that attacks Suzuki's building after you leave) but the two Pyros/missles you fight weren't. The glitch confused and worried da heck outta me, but it was funny too..... It was like the missles were trying to poke me to death... :razz:

--[RIP]d3jake

Yep. But you never really *see* the attack. All you see is a cloaked ship in the corner of your screen as you start to fly away from Suzuki's building. Watch that lil movie closely and you'll see it. :thumbup:

--[RIP]d3jake

explanation for all the problems (i hope) in the lvl4 endscene, apparently you see a cloaked black pyro flying into suzukis office (iven ever noticed it..) that pyro is actually you in lvl 7 of hte merc campaign.

the missiles: D3 gets realy weird about running MODs, if you do, you need to restart it, otehrwise it can load the wrong model, thus, you get missiles instead of pyros (one time, i had a stormtrooper shooting turrets at me... llol) and sometimes, it seems to just load the wrong model anyway. if its not that, and it keeps doing it, dont as me :razz: im mostley useless!

A stormtrooper shooting turrets.... lol..... that's funnier than Gyros shootin sideways black sharks at me.... :razz:

So it's just D3 acting goofy, then? Alright. Thank you Grimloq. Now I know I don't have to panic next time it does something it's not supposed to lol.

--[RIP]d3jake

ya, sometimes you get REALLY weird stuff, D3 is pretty dumb that way, like one time there was a MAJOR foul-up, ( iwas playing pyromania with D3-merc) and it loaded guidebots instead of turrets, all the textures were static-ified, and turrets shot other turrets... which occasionally also shot... and flares were troopers, i htink :razz: it was HILARIOUS

[edit] and starfire, what would you think of a mod with beast wars-style weapons and ships...? that is well within the realm of possibility, and alot of peope may like it... :) i could do it, i htink.

Holy freakin slag that'd be AWESOME!!!!!!!

Could you really do that??? It'd be great! Yeah! By all means, if you want to, go ahead! I know nothing of the technical stuff, but I could try to help you anyway! :mrgreen:

--[RIP]d3jake

well, here, ill PM you what i was thinking of, but DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP! its very possible that this will not be completed when i start it, (or if) and if i do start it, it wont be fore a while, cuz i have some other projects going, not counting my TI/FSCZ work, and a different game-type MOD planned :)

but expect a PM from me in the near future

(though i think a BW mod would be really fun :) )

and starfire, what would you think of a mod with beast wars-style weapons and ships...? that is well within the realm of possibility, and alot of peope may like it... :) i could do it, i htink.
I will offer my services in helping to construct such a MOD. Any ideas for ships?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

We're probably gunna be using the same ol' ships from D3. It's gunna be enough fun to make the BW level itself. ...Unless we take one of the ships and give 'em a BW-like skin/texture on it...? What say you, Grimloq?

--[RIP]d3jake

akk! i forgot about this topic :razz:

anywayz, first off, ill probably just make a BW map, and no MOD. then later, i can add weapons and ships.
as for ships, ive got some ideas. like depthcharges ship, (before he crashes) and some other ones i have pics of. so, there may be BW ships after all :)

We would have to have the auto-guns from both sides, they would be the easyest to make from an animation stand point.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright