Pic Board; Merc 7 - Difficulty: Hotshot

I must confess, unless you know this level you end up dying about twenty times from the MD Troopers and occaisonally the turrets (unless you disable them first). But here's some anyway, sadly I never bothered to take any until towards the end. Me and Fatality played this one (a non-member)

Data Storage
Lifter Robots
Pissing them off is fun
Hmm
Bomb Placement
Making the robot deliver the bomb...
Access shaft...
That room looks dark...
The Expanse. Watch it!

Levelmaking is an A1 pain in the not-neck... Vertex... by... Vertex... you... slowly... create... a... something... I had a friend give it a shot, since D3Edit came with mercenary (wich i'm still working on getting) and he was stumped...

It's harder because the tools are limited. And the table files have several hundred unexplained flags and attributes which you must painfully learn how to master.
The Expanse. Watch it!

most annoying is that any MODs you make are level-specific, you load EVERYTHING related to the MOD (down to the last 16x16 texture) into the mn3 file (not hard, but annoying and time-consuming), drastically increasing its size. and you only use that MOD in that specific level. granted, it does open you up to a whole new level of making new universes...

but still, i have little patience with it. i stick to levelmaking for the most part.

Sounds like Halo maps... Its actually more efficient that way though... The game doesn't have to page through multiple files... It only pages through the level, and if something is referenced in the file, it is most likely there, and not lost in another... :p

ya, true, but in D3, all your doing is replacing the tables, etc that are the game defaults. the game just looks in the mn3 first, i think, so it just happens to load all that instead. i htink so, atleast...