If anyone here hasn't yet tried to ask a girl (or a guy) out - don't try! Unless you know it will work out!

I've already had 1 girlfriend, but only for 3 weeks. We like each other very much, but it just fell apart, and now I find it hard to speak to her.. and I'm very nervous.

I tried to ask another girl out on Friday, and it seems she was going out with another guy outside of school at the time. After my first I spent 2 months kicking myself and thinking about what I did wrong, then before I asked this girl I spent a whole 2 weeks thinking about what to say, and how to act. Then when all that time has been wasted becomes obvious when they say "sorry, no." your going to go crazy if you don't expect it. I mean, I was angry with myself inside, but I kept it cool, she didn't deserve some angry dude shouting :)

But if your lucky, and your very determined, and most of all you take advice (which is very important) you should give it a try. Those 3 weeks with my first girl were the best days of my life, and I'd do anything to get them back, and I think you should try it for yourselves.

In the end, what I'm trying to say is, take your time and be patient, but don't rush things, dont' be forceful, ignorant of advice or ignorant of how the person you like might feel on the inside - because as you should know: A persons face does not always say who they are inside..
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

Ok.. well I havent read the topic in whole yet. But I dont need to say that what you said is bull. If your not gonna try then it isn't worth it. If you don't like the girl well fine, but if you do, everything is worth a try no matter how you may think it will end up.
The Expanse. Watch it!

What I'm trying to say is don't persue someone to the point it's going to hurt..
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

bah

I don't mean to over-simplify, but most people (including myself at times) way overestimate themselves, especially about women.

For me, this overestimation doesn't come directly by say having a big ego, but more along the lines of "she's way out of my league now, but maybe not next year, or the next, etc."

And, from experiance, if you follow that path, you can live a boring life. ####, I'm still convinced I missed out on the girl of a life time when I didn't make a move and she literally didn't show up the next week, or the next...

I didn't get her number or anything ( well I did, but only through a list she put it on for a roster) but I was too shy to call her. Heh, now the fact that I didn't have any of this info shows how much I really knew her, but I still swear she would have been awesome.

If I had my hindsight that I do now, or just plain more experianced, I would have gone at her way before, regardless of what I was like.

Point in Case: I tore myself up for a long time that summer for not trying. It's always better to try if you think you have something or even if you don't exactly. It's always better than just letting it be, and if you tell the chick how you feel, as fickle and pissy and annoying as they can be, there's always a chance that they'll wanna give it a try.

Better than not trying and not even getting an answer if you ask me.

Trying is fine... just don't do it to the point you can't sleep.. (e.g Me)

and most importantly.. don't listen to what other people say.

be yourself. if you like her/him/it, and you're sure. ask that person out, befor eyou miss out.

Well I just tried dating again.. I felt sick all of a sudden.. ended it :-/

what is so big? don't be such a dingdong!

man, if you like someone, DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME, big mistake!!

it's not hard to enjoy someone's company, is it??

I didn't ask her out though, that's the catch :p