EXT4 file system corruption on Linux MInt 19

I've been seeing this weird anomaly lately with one of my mounted drives randomly 'dismounting' itself or acting as if the file system had become corrupted, failing to mount exiting with a superblock error message. After dismounting I cannot remount it without rebooting the machine. But I'm only getting this with an EXT4 LUKS partition that was formatted on Linux Mint 19, probably using the 4.16 kernel(?) which reportedly has had some issues with this. My other partitions, formatted on Linux Mint 18.3, are perfectly fine. I've decided to ditch the entire file system and re-format the drive on 18.3 using an older kernel, I'm hoping this will solve the dismounting and corruption (false-alarm) errors.

Anyone else had issues with their EXT4 file systems of late?
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: EXT4 file system corruption on Linux MInt 19

I am not entirely sure if this problem happened to me or not, because I formatted another disk on 18.3 and still had the same issue (DISMOUNTING during high I/O, and in one instance disappearing entirely from the BIOS which scared the heck out of me, as I feared I'd purchased a DOA drive). Turns out it might've just been a bad cable on this particular rig I'm using at the moment, and I've swapped it over for another one. I guess I'll know for sure when I return to using my normal rig.
The Expanse. Watch it!