Shower thoughts megathread

Reddit has this kind of sub-reddit dedicated to shower thoughts. Since I don't post on Reddit, I figured I would create a thread here for that purpose. Basically a shower thought is when something occurs to you (usually a question) while taking a shower, though to be honest you can probably get them at any time you're sufficiently relaxed. I tend to get them when falling asleep, which can be very grating because I'm trying to well.. sleep, not write a novel. Damn brain.

So let's get started with my most recent shower thought.

Have display resolutions (as in, computer screens and such) reached the 'final destination' of resolutions, or will they just keep increasing? You see, I don't see how people can use a computer properly when the resolution is insanely high, unless you're using some gigantic monitor on your desk. And I get that movies and games can be in 4K and such, but how many people actually work in 4K resolution on their spreadsheet? Probably next to no one. I think of it like audio bitrates. Once you reach a certain bitrate, you don't need any more.

Ok, probably not the best shower thought.. I'll chime in again when I get another more interesting one.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Shower thoughts megathread

Have display resolutions (as in, computer screens and such) reached the 'final destination' of resolutions, or will they just keep increasing? You see, I don't see how people can use a computer properly when the resolution is insanely high, unless you're using some gigantic monitor on your desk.
Is that cause the icons and text and just about everything gets smaller and smaller? I think 'mega' resolutions are good for IDEs and networking environments where the registry expands rapidly to the right.

I don't really get thoughts before I sleep anymore, I just shutdown and pass out. The shower, for sure. And dreams too.

A thought I had recently which has nothing to do with tech but more nutrition. I was thinking about coconut oil and whether indigestible natural food products could be used for the hair or skin, you know because the skin is a similar organ in context to the gut where as it absorbs etc or are there limitations or what can be consumed vs what can be used externally and who would you see to get an answer to this - and one of the reasons I was thinking about this cause I use a coconut based product for my hair and was gonna replace it with coconut oil.

Just a random thought. And yes I do think about other topics :p

I wish I could shutdown and sleep. I have terrible nights, it doesn't matter how tired I am - I often wake up several times in the night (probably due to noise) and I freak out a lot while sleeping (abrupt awakenings, sudden anxiety attacks etc) and sometimes I just lie there staring at the ceiling. And no, I don't drink that much caffeine.

No one is going to give you the same answer when it comes to nutrition. Person A will tell you this is bad, Person B will tell you it's good. Just go with your gut. No pun intended.

Random thought of the day: When single, does every interaction with the opposite sex involve somekind of 'fantasy' where you try to picture yourself in a relationship with said person? Obviously this only applies to people you are attracted to. But I'm wondering if it's even possible to interact with someone without having these thoughts. I find it kind of irritating because although it's likely a biological drive that causes it, it interferes with sanity levels.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I wish I could shutdown and sleep. I have terrible nights, it doesn't matter how tired I am - I often wake up several times in the night (probably due to noise) and I freak out a lot while sleeping (abrupt awakenings, sudden anxiety attacks etc) and sometimes I just lie there staring at the ceiling. And no, I don't drink that much caffeine.
I rarely drink caffeine, specifically for gut reasons, the crash effect and adrenaline. I still have anxiety and have had panic attacks but not so much now. Food is definitely something that can cause all this. How much do you drink? There are weeks I have zero caffeine. In terms of memory and performance, and imho caffeine does nothing.

No one is going to give you the same answer when it comes to nutrition. Person A will tell you this is bad, Person B will tell you it's good. Just go with your gut. No pun intended.
I know aye. Too much opinion not enough blind studies :?

When single, does every interaction with the opposite sex involve somekind of 'fantasy' where you try to picture yourself in a relationship with said person? Obviously this only applies to people you are attracted to. But I'm wondering if it's even possible to interact with someone without having these thoughts. I find it kind of irritating because although it's likely a biological drive that causes it, it interferes with sanity levels.
I would just agree and say its animal instinct or whats left of it.

Ah Ellia
Attachments
eternal-darkness-sanity-meter.jpg
eternal-darkness-sanity-meter.jpg (12.87 KiB) Viewed 3308 times

I've been drinking caffeine for about 25 years, so I'm fairly accustomed to it. I usually drink coffee in the morning and tea in the daytime, but overall they are fairly weak. Normally I don't get problems unless I overdose. Also I've not noticed any correlation between my anxiety and caffeine, but I have started keeping a sleep diary and making notes of how well I sleep and what I did during the day prior to it. After perhaps 1 year of data I could determine if there is any triggers.
The Expanse. Watch it!